There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

Great company, discombobulated management.

Former Employee - Analyst III  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Analyst III in Seattle, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I loved working for a company that had great ideals, great benefits, and really nice people.

Cons

A lot of the management at HQ stayed way past their expiration date, reinforcing stale processes because 'change is scary'. New management faced obstacles from a deeply entrenched old-school system, which ensured anything that needed to get done would take twice as long as it should.

If you've been there for longer than 20 years, it's time to go. You're drowning the company with your ennui and fear of change.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Group Health (View Most Recent)

Great front-line workers and managers, awful senior leadership who are running the company into the ground.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The vision of the medical staff and front-line workers is truly inspiring. The benefits and salary are great.

Cons

Senior leadership has run the company into the ground, and try to resolve the problem by laying off and rearranging lower-level leaders and the front line staff who actually do the work. The CEO and all VPs and the Board need to go or the company is going to go under. The senior leadership is dishonest, interested in protecting themselves only, and willing to do anything to get personally ahead. I have worked directly with many of them and find it difficult to be proud of my company when the upper level leadership has so little integrity. It's a shame, because the majority of the workers are solid and dedicated, but until there is upper-level change the company will not improve. When they do bring in new senior leaders, they bring in those with little experience who are easily swayed and follow the instructions of the entrenched senior leadership. I would not suggest anyone work here at this time.

It's time for change at Group Health. And I don't mean laying off and rearranging the front-line staff, providers who actually see patients, or front-line managers. Get rid of 2/3 of the VPs, the CEO who has literally destroyed the company, and the Board who clearly won't step in no matter how bad things get. The Board has trusted in the wrong people and seem unable or unwilling to take any action to make actual change.

This was a great place to work until 3 years ago

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work/life balance - rarely more than 40hrs/week
    Fair compensation - not the highest rate, but definitely not the lowest

Cons

Restructure, restructure, restructure- I've had more managers (come/go) then the number of years I have worked for the company
    Less to do more- less people to serve more patients
    Horrible insurance for employees - I pay 2-3 times for more an Rx than most of my patients, high premium and deductible (considering I work for the insurer) and can only see GH doctors
    Archaic technology - we have Epic, but still use software from the 1970's for most services in Lab and Pharmacy

Thin out the management situation- we have so many in upper management that the average employee doesn't even know what they do or are responsible for
    Staffing- this is healthcare and constantly being understaffed is causing an unsafe and stressful environment for patients and staff

There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

Worked for Group Health? Contribute to the Community!