Group Health

www.ghc.org
  www.ghc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

Great company, discombobulated management.

Former Employee - Analyst III in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Analyst III in Seattle, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working for a company that had great ideals, great benefits, and really nice people.

Cons

A lot of the management at HQ stayed way past their expiration date, reinforcing stale processes because 'change is scary'. New management faced obstacles from a deeply entrenched old-school system, which ensured anything that needed to get done would take twice as long as it should.

If you've been there for longer than 20 years, it's time to go. You're drowning the company with your ennui and fear of change.

183 Other Employee Reviews for Group Health (View Most Recent)

Great front-line workers and managers, awful senior leadership who are running the company into the ground.

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The vision of the medical staff and front-line workers is truly inspiring. The benefits and salary are great.

Cons

Senior leadership has run the company into the ground, and try to resolve the problem by laying off and rearranging lower-level leaders and the front line staff who actually do the work. The CEO and all VPs and the Board need to go or the company is going to go under. The senior leadership is dishonest, interested in protecting themselves only, and willing to do anything to get personally ahead. I have worked directly with many of them and find it difficult to be proud of my company when the upper level leadership has so little integrity. It's a shame, because the majority of the workers are solid and dedicated, but until there is upper-level change the company will not improve. When they do bring in new senior leaders, they bring in those with little experience who are easily swayed and follow the instructions of the entrenched senior leadership. I would not suggest anyone work here at this time.

It's time for change at Group Health. And I don't mean laying off and rearranging the front-line staff, providers who actually see patients, or front-line managers. Get rid of 2/3 of the VPs, the CEO who has literally destroyed the company, and the Board who clearly won't step in no matter how bad things get. The Board has trusted in the wrong people and seem unable or unwilling to take any action to make actual change.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Group Health part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Value focused work environment and diversity

Cons

Employment is based on customer enrollment

None