Group Health

///....

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Group Health

Pros

good starting pay for fresh grads. Great benefits.higher wages compare to others

Cons

one computer system,co workers can see your health profiles.

pass

197 Other Employee Reviews for Group Health (View Most Recent)

It's the most dysfunctional IT environment I've ever seen or heard of.

Current Employee - Web Development Java Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Development Java Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health

Pros

Lots and lots of process, we never have to work very hard, you have time to do pretty much anything you want. The company relies heavily on consultants and contractors and this makes our work load very light. We can focus on the big picture while they do the things we would rather not. I'll probably be here for life without ever really have to improve myself or try very hard.

Cons

Too much emphais on process without results. Management really doesn't seem to know what they want to do and relies too heavily on external consultants. There is no motivation to work very hard to keep our skills current. Whenever we have something time sensitive or difficult, it's turned over to consultants or contractors and they carry the load. I'm afraid if I had to work at another company I would neither be hired or be able to make it if I was hired. Essentially the comfort of this position has me trapped here.

You could save a lot of money by eliminating unneeded levels of middle management who are just coasting here. Too much reliance on consultants and contractors and too many people at all levels who believe they are entitled to a job here no matter what they do. The company is losing money and a lot of it is being wasted upon people in IT who can't do their jobs (or won't) and you have to keep paying tremendously for high priced temporary labor. Time to clean house at all levels in IT.

give staff growth opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Group Health

Pros

Since GHC is like all American companies, the staff work for boss. If you meet a good boss, then you have opportunities to grow and use all of your skills, otherwise, you need to change jobs. For most people, finding a job is not difficult, but finding a good boss is not easy.

Cons

need to change the job interview proactice that has a single manager to decide the hiring even though a manager is not technical but hiring technical persons

spend some time to listen front line staff voices, especially about their managers

There are newer employer reviews for Group Health