There are newer employer reviews for Group Publishing

OK could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Group Publishing

Pros

Great people to work with hard workers great friends

Cons

It is all about management they support their supervisors but not the work the workers do. Say they have a open door do not agree.

Advance and take time to train and promote workers who have been at company instead of hiring out side

39 Other Employee Reviews for Group Publishing (View Most Recent)

Not what you think for a Christian Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Group Publishing

Pros

causal dress environment is ok.

Cons

layoffs happen frequently or jobs are phased out. Workload continues to increase with no increase in pay. Very top heavy with mgmt positions. Some mgrs only have 2 reports. Worst place I have every worked.

Get rid of some of your mgrs instead of the staff that does the work for you.
    Mgmt has a one way mind set. they say they have an open door policy but if you make suggestions that go against their plan, you will pay the price. Better to keep your mouth shut if you want to keep your job!

Great co-workers but everyone is overworked and there is no job security

Former Employee - Editor  in  Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Editor in Loveland, CO

I worked at Group Publishing

Pros

The people. Period. I'm so grateful to have worked alongside some of the best of the best, people who became lifelong friends.

Cons

Group needs to understand and respect the fact that it's the people who work there who make the company and its products so great. Layoffs, outsourcing initiatives, and reorganization just to get rid of people are frequent. I would hear frequently that people/staff are the company's biggest expense, and all I kept thinking was that people/staff are this company's biggest asset. Also, their purchasing practices need to reflect their Christian values--they should at least be making efforts to break ties with suppliers in India and China with despicable working conditions (Isaiah 58).

It's time to break up the Good Ole Boys' network.

There are newer employer reviews for Group Publishing

Worked for Group Publishing? Contribute to the Community!