Group Publishing

www.group.com

Really good people. Good old boys leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Pros

We work with good, supportive, helpful and caring people.
The office environment is nice and clean.
We have good products that help churches support their mission.

Cons

Pay is below other company pay for similar positions and we have only had a 1% pay increase across the board one time in the last five years or so.
The top leaders are the only ones that opinions are valued. There is a group of top leaders that do not seem to be held accountable to professionalism and hitting their numbers and they keep their jobs. Some even get their unqualified family members hired in top roles.
The company says they have an open door policy and even invite us into small meetings to provide the top managers feedback only for this information to go directly back to the supervisors of our area and get in trouble when we thought we were being helpful in a confidential setting.

You will lose good employees with your attitude that all lower employees are expendable and we don't deserve raises. We have learned over time that we need to be a good soldier and keep our heads down and not have an opinion. We don't have opinions anymore which makes all the company ideas the ideas of the top few (most that have only worked in this company).

Other reviews for Group Publishing

Great Company with a great mission.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Pros

Awesome work environment. Great community to live in and raise a family.

Cons

can be clinical, and stressful.

Evaluations can't only be from a spreadsheet. Build relationships with employees, and it will pay off.

An Amazing Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Pros

I've been a Group employee for a long time. A few days ago a friend of a friend contacted me about working at the company—deep into our conversation he referenced this site, and told me over the phone about some of the concerning comments he read. I was stunned—it was like he was describing another planet. Here's the truth... Every company has warts, and I've been around long enough to see them all. But Group is a truly incredible place to work—amazing people, a hyper-creative environment, many opportunities to contribute, and lots of fun. Talent and hard work are rewarded, and the work itself is deeply satisfying. The retention rate for employees is way above the norm for Northern Colorado (there are dozens and dozens of people in the company's “10-year or more” club) , and Group has won Loveland's “best company” award for several years in a row now. Not only that, a few years ago we won Christianity Today's “Best Christian Workplace” award. Yes, it's a demanding environment—but talented performers are drawn to environments like this. Some of the previous comments on this site are so far away from the reality I've experienced that I question their source, to be honest.

Cons

I think some people have been unhappy with their opportunities for “upward mobility” or rapid gains in salary, but those are issues that have characterized the entire business world during this economic downturn. It's amazing to me the number of people who've left for “greener pastures,” but soon decide to return to Group.

There are newer employer reviews for Group Publishing.

Worked for Group Publishing? Contribute to the Community!