Senior Programmer - Groupon Brazil

Current Employee - Senior Programmer - Groupon Brazil in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

-Free fruits and soda -Free beer every fortnight - Amazingly beautiful Women - Young people

Cons

7 months ago, when I started to work for Groupon Brazil, I saw a chaotic environment, with its own beauty, growing fast and with a lot of oportunities. The company was working with a huge lack of processes, and since the managers start to map this process and make them work, the company will start to grow in the right way. But nobody seems interested on making the company be a better place to work. Everybody is upset about the way things are happening here, and the a lot of good people and some managers (including the brazilian COO) are leaving the company. The CEO doesn't look to care about the employees, the worst employees are promoted and they don't seems to trust brazilian employees, neither understand the brazilian customer mind.All the good ideas, the innovation and the joy of working for Groupon disappeared when the "make money - doesn't matter how, or we'll fire you " philosophy cames in.

Advice to Management

Try to observe your company, Florian. People are unsatisfied here and the good brains are leaving. You lost your right hand, the COO. Who'll be the next? How long will you wait untill take some decisions? How long do you intend to be a hostage from bad administration and lack of process?

Other Employee Reviews for Groupon

Immensely disappointed

Pros

Groupon is an amazing marketing avenue for businesses. I truly enjoyed representing the brand and service it provides to customers. Out of all of the different types of marketing and advertising I have represented and sold in my career this is by far the most successful for businesses. The Groupon name is very well known and businesses actually call you back!

Cons

The revenue goals are completely unrealistic for outside sales people who are trying to build a territory and making 0-1% commission when working up to 7 days a week is unacceptable. I have a proven track record of being a top advertising sales person at my last companies and took a salary decrease to work for Groupon because of how strong I believe in the product. To then also make it impossible for me to make a decent commission even with 80 hour work weeks does not make sense to me. Communication and trying to get answers is horrid, which makes closing deals as quickly I as could impossible. Myself and the other outside reps in my area feel like red headed step children who can't get 10 minutes of managements time. When management visits our city or we are in Chicago we can't even get 30 minute of our direct supervisors or city planners time. We were hired because we know the city and yet companies and deals are turned down because of ONE persons decision in Chicago who has only been here ONCE. We were hired because of our experience, proven sales track record, and knowledge of our city and yet aren't allowed to close businesses we know would perform well.

Advice to Management

Give your outside sales people the time and respect they deserve. Outside sales should not have the same revenue goals as inside sales people who have been with the company since the beginning and have hundreds of accounts. I strongly recommended that you instruct your employees in leadership roles to answer outside sales reps when they are asking for managements help, coaching, and a few minutes of their time.

It's a pity - it could be such a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

For starters, specially if they get to be friends with the German C-Level, it can be an intensive experience.

Cons

Scams, total lack of respect for people, management completely unaware of what's happening and not caring about employees, costs, processes or anything that is not sales

Advice to Management

Grow up