There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

I began with one company and ended with another.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Groupon was like a home and family to me. My department had large parties seemingly at random, they're respectful of your personal life, and you can wear whatever you want. The work is very hard, but for the most part people are happy to work hard there.

Cons

It is not the fun, ragtag start-up anymore. It's a publicly traded corporation now, and they have implemented strict policies that didn't exist when I began. When I was hired earlier on, I felt proud of my company. When I left, I sometimes felt like a slimy corporate goon.

Advice to Management

Keep the original mission in mind. You can't put a price on great employees. Also, you should pay your mid-level management more - anywhere else they'd be living like kings.

Other Employee Reviews for Groupon

Gone are the glory days

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great co workers Casual dress Fun parties Innovative Concept Centralized location in the city Free Coffee and Unlimited Soda and Vitamin Water

Cons

-Being a start up they still need to get organized and structured -Remember, it's okay to have fun, if you're doing your job. -Lack of enthusiasm from staff who had been there when culture and attitude were both positive, we want to be happy again. - Management needs to be trained, it's easy to have ideas to make things better but if you don't know how to lead it makes it hard to be trusted and followed.

Advice to Management

Try to bring back the old customs and culture.

Fast paced environment with a lot of responsibility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Intelligent, hard working colleagues Fun atmosphere Opportunity to take on responsibility and recognition for success Unlimited vacation days

Cons

Communication can be hectic and confusing Processes change regularly

Advice to Management

Keep communication transparent and share (non-sugarcoated) developments with employees