There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Good if you are Entry Level

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great company / opportunity if you are entry level. Good training program and an interesting industry.

Cons

There was no rhyme or reason for people being placed on certain markets. People with no experience could be put on a large market (where your earning potential is ordinarily higher) and seasoned sales reps could be put on small markets, regardless of what you were told during the interview. It was extremely difficult to move into a different market even as a top performer.

Follow through on what you promise. Lean from those with more experience then you.

619 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

Knew after the first week this place was a disaster

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and low expectations

Cons

I was literally handed my equipment and told to figure it out. I was selling iPad POS systems as a part of their latest acquisition of Breadcrumb. The travel arrangements were unorganized and did not make sense (they put me in a hotel across town from the office and scheduled flights so close together I missed my connection, and were completely hostile in their communication with me regarding this). After almost no training, I returned back to where I would be selling, never met my manager who completely ignored my requests to set up a 1 on 1 call with him. There was no follow up and training after throwing equipment at me for 3 days in New York. I tried to make the job work for a little bit but I was not given the territory where I lived, so I had to drive over an hour to a territory that was tiny. I found out very fast the only restaurant who would buy the system is a new restaurant unsure about their long term viability. I was left scrambling to find a new job or go back to the one I left. I found a new job within the first month I was hired there and got out as fast as I possibly could.

Provide more training and make the communication with your employees more respectful. Not everything can be automated.

Great place for opportunity to succeed

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fun, laid back atmosphere for work

Cons

The company is constantly growing and changing, new opportunities can hold false promises and high uncertainty.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!