Groupon

www.groupon.com

Young Company on its Way Up

Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFor an individual who recently graduated college, a company such as Groupon is perfect for these types of individuals to get a grasp of the ins and outs of what a publicly traded company feels like. Although still in the infant stages compared to larger companies, in the little time of working with Groupon, I have noticed the shift in atmosphere and the reaffirmation of the "Work Hard, Play Hard" attitude amongst the employees and management.

ConsIn regards to such a young employee base, there is still a lack of progression outlined by management as to providing a career path for their incoming employees. On that note, employees within departments are constantly moving on and therefore it is hard to establish clear communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a clearly laid out succession plan, otherwise this type of deterrence does not keep employees with the company in terms of retention past two years. Additionally, you have a wealth of knowledge in regards to upper management, please use it in providing a continuing education to young professionals within the company who are looking for answers.

Senior Executive

GPM (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Management Team and overall company vision Cons: there is not a single thing that speaks against Groupon Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was great before the titanic sank

Outside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) Orange, CA

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salary is very negotiable, they HAVE to pay for talent because all their talent is… Cons: Company is fighting a losing battle and constantly short changing the sales reps on their hard earned commissions.… Advice to Senior Management: cut your losses and change it up. make groupon a self service platform for merchants, lower the revenue… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Groupon.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!