There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Company going through transition with leadership not knowing exactly what they want.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed culture, very young environment, on-site cafeteria so no need to leave the office mid-day, a ton of very talented sales and technology professionals.

Cons

Leadership changes in focus on a dime, most people aren't pacing to goal, very little job security, tenured based success, not set up for newer people to be successful unless replacing someone, goals are trending toward unrealistic.

Culture of very little job security is unhealthy to employees, and rapid change of contacts is very suspect to merchants. If the majority of the company is not pacing toward goal, then something needs to change with the goals.

614 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

Great Product. Terrible upper management

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Laptop, iPhone. If you get a terrible manager it is no big deal. You will get a new one in a few months. Great product that keeps getting better.

Cons

As an Outside Sales rep you are very isolated. Management sometimes forgets that they even have an outside sales staff and tailors everything for the inside reps. Very little room for advancement for outside reps although they are genuinely trying to create a career path for us. They haven't brought us in for training in almost a year, even though the product has almost completely changed. Many of us desperately want/need a refresher and simply have a need to reconnect. We have very few tools at our disposal to use in the field. Many processes are being automated with little concern for the ramifications. There are several flaws with the current comp plan and sales processes but there is no one that will stop and listen to find out why they will not work. Definitely a "burn and turn" mentality. Every month it seems as if they are trying to find another way to pay their staff less. There are many sales processes could be streamlined and are not but there is no one that will listen when you try to give suggestions. It never goes past your DSM. Inside and outside reps need to work together, however due to the boiler room mentality we are often pitted against each other.

Completely think through your decisions before you make them. Talk to the sales reps. Maybe come and ride along with some of us so that you actually know what our jobs entail. Don't forget that you have outside sales reps that are ingrained in our communities and that have tons of sales experience. Realize that there is some seasonality to our business when setting goals.

A lightening speed, sometimes sloppy, but always exciting place to work.

Current Employee - Product Designer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Product Designer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, moves fast, exciting projects are always available to work on. A product that has the potential to change the way people to business locally and truly help local merchants.

Cons

While we move fast, we also can take way to long to execute. When things are finally shipped, they're not always of an amazing quality.

Provide more inspiration and direction toward the future. It feels like we're constantly going off in every direction at once and there are always multiple teams working on overlapping tasks with poor or no alignment.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!