Neutral

Current Employee - Buyer  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Buyer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is decent. Most of the other employees are pretty cool and some of the senior management is too.

Cons

There is a lack of integrity, communication, and support overall. There is no mentorship or clear path on how to grow within the organization. It's always one step forward and two steps back.

You have a lot of intelligent employees who genuinely care about building the business. Slow down, take a look around, and bounce ideas off each other in an open forum before implementing processes that are inefficient and time consuming.

Other Reviews for Groupon

Company going through transition with leadership not knowing exactly what they want.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed culture, very young environment, on-site cafeteria so no need to leave the office mid-day, a ton of very talented sales and technology professionals.

Cons

Leadership changes in focus on a dime, most people aren't pacing to goal, very little job security, tenured based success, not set up for newer people to be successful unless replacing someone, goals are trending toward unrealistic.

Culture of very little job security is unhealthy to employees, and rapid change of contacts is very suspect to merchants. If the majority of the company is not pacing toward goal, then something needs to change with the goals.

Great Product. Terrible upper management

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Laptop, iPhone. If you get a terrible manager it is no big deal. You will get a new one in a few months. Great product that keeps getting better.

Cons

As an Outside Sales rep you are very isolated. Management sometimes forgets that they even have an outside sales staff and tailors everything for the inside reps. Very little room for advancement for outside reps although they are genuinely trying to create a career path for us. They haven't brought us in for training in almost a year, even though the product has almost completely changed. Many of us desperately want/need a refresher and simply have a need to reconnect. We have very few tools at our disposal to use in the field. Many processes are being automated with little concern for the ramifications. There are several flaws with the current comp plan and sales processes but there is no one that will stop and listen to find out why they will not work. Definitely a "burn and turn" mentality. Every month it seems as if they are trying to find another way to pay their staff less. There are many sales processes could be streamlined and are not but there is no one that will listen when you try to give suggestions. It never goes past your DSM. Inside and outside reps need to work together, however due to the boiler room mentality we are often pitted against each other.

Completely think through your decisions before you make them. Talk to the sales reps. Maybe come and ride along with some of us so that you actually know what our jobs entail. Don't forget that you have outside sales reps that are ingrained in our communities and that have tons of sales experience. Realize that there is some seasonality to our business when setting goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!