Groupon

www.groupon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Love it, but most likely not going to be a career

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time

Pros

The people are the best. Even though sometimes it sucks, you are all in it together. I got to sit next to my best friend for two years.

You don't realize how much you learned until you leave. The training, use of Salesforce and savvy sales tactics are something you won't find elsewhere.

Cons

They are working on a career progression - but there isn't really anything in place now. You can advance from Sales Rep to Account Exec to Senior AE....but past that, you can't really go anywhere.

It's stressful - a lot of merchants do not want to work with Groupon (a lot of objections). But you can make a lot of money (or you could when I was still there).

Don't let Kal Raman (COO) go. He's the man.

762 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

Great Experience

Former Employee - Account Coordinator
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at Groupon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people that I met there are still people that I speak to and they're all wonderful people. Groupon was the best place that I have ever worked. The people are really what makes it so great. My team/dept was eliminated back in September, and I hope that wherever I end up next that my experience is just as good.

Cons

I think that the there are some people in leadership roles there who don't have enough experience to be a manager. Just because you were a fantastic sales person doesn't mean that you'll be a fantastic manager.

Don't put people who are inexperienced in leadership roles, and try harder to see the value in certain teams and departments.

It's a fun job, but not ideal if you're concerned about advancing your career or salary.

Former Employee - Deal Qualifier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Deal Qualifier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and no dress code- not just the title of it, people really don't care. Managers are chill, understanding, and opposite of Big Brother- they trust you to do your own thing.

Cons

A lot of smart people with strong resumes and advanced degrees all making very mediocre entry level pay. No clear career path. Instead you're told "you can go anywhere" but it doesn't really feel that way.

Create opportunities for advancement so your best employees feel like they can stick around.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon