A learning experience that has never given me that terrible "I have to go to work tomorrow" feeling.

Current Employee - Groupon Getaways  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Groupon Getaways in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

- learning experience from a growing business at this early stage in evolution
- building a new category of business leaves a lot of green space for doing things that have never been done before and solving problems that others have never faced.
- relaxed work environment and fun people
- supportive management w/ great past experience to learn from
- many opportunities to take on larger roles in a growing company

Cons

- has seen some changes since the IPO (as all companies do). Some better, some worse.

Some people thrive on responsibility and freedom. Don't be afraid to let go of the reigns sometimes and give people opportunities, they may surprise you.

Other Reviews for Groupon

Love it, but most likely not going to be a career

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time

Pros

The people are the best. Even though sometimes it sucks, you are all in it together. I got to sit next to my best friend for two years.

You don't realize how much you learned until you leave. The training, use of Salesforce and savvy sales tactics are something you won't find elsewhere.

Cons

They are working on a career progression - but there isn't really anything in place now. You can advance from Sales Rep to Account Exec to Senior AE....but past that, you can't really go anywhere.

It's stressful - a lot of merchants do not want to work with Groupon (a lot of objections). But you can make a lot of money (or you could when I was still there).

Don't let Kal Raman (COO) go. He's the man.

Horrible, atrocious, treated as if completely unvalued

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom, flexibility of my position which is/was an "outside" sales role..

... Really, thats about all... The team was close/great relationships on the team.
    Did very well in the company and was completely unvalued.

Cons

Everything, where do I start?
    ... First off, don't go for the position just because the company "Groupon" is hiring you.... Please read:

- Commission changes EVERY 3-5 weeks. Changes as in structure. Yes a low base with constant commission changes where you could NEVER know what you are making.
    - Empty promises promising you the world. And never ever fulfilling the promises with you having to constantly understand, "give it time." They "over promise and under deliver.".... What you should never do as a person, let alone company. Constantly...
    - Never get answers! Always a "we'll get back to you" from management. Or "give it 45 days for the change" which nothing ever happens.

They expect so much out of you, when they give you nothing really. Too many changes, it's a roller coaster leading to disaster.

Get some new ones.... "Upper management mainly"....

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!