There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

The Grass really is green here!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'd like to start by saying that I already had about 6 years of sales experience between two different companies prior to starting at Groupon. I hear a lot of complaints about how the culture and pay has changed over the years at Groupon. With that said, most of these complaints seem to come from people that are relatively inexperienced in the working world. Others who have seen different working environments tend to appreciate what we have here at Groupon. Anytime I feel like complaining about my situation, I think back to my younger years in other sales environments and honestly feel lucky. Sure the money can be inconsistent but that's sales and honestly you get out of it what you put in. On that subject, I hear others saying that the environment is unstable but this is a start up and that's how start ups behave. I feel fortunate that I work at a company that actually changes when they see things taking a wrong turn. I also feel like I have a ton of opportunity to better myself as a salesperson here. We are constantly invited to trainings that can help us fine tune our skills and hone in on new ones.

Cons

The only con that I see here is the lack of opportunity to move up in your career. There are a lot of very intelligent and driven people working here and it's tough to compete with that. However, my managers and even senior management is always willing to listen and help you come up with a strategy to move forward in the right direction.

The only advice I have to management is to continue to try and develop talent from within. A lot of us love working here and would really like to make a career out of it, however at times it seems hard to do so.

614 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

This stuff really works and we're having fun doing it . . .

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

So, you know how all companies have a mission statement? Well "making life less boring" is both a vision and a reality at Groupon! This company moves so fast innovating, collaborating, updating process, products, technologies striving to put out the coolest deals and merchant services that engage consumers and provide value to local businesses that you seriously have to stay hyperfocused to keep up. Never a boring day! Plus, we just have a ton of fun with contests and goofy management challenges. The best though is that the product really works for so many local businesses and consumers love buying from Groupon. THAT is the good stuff.

Cons

With rapid innovation, sometimes not every new process or product actually works when rolled out internally. Yep, this will challenge your time management skills. If you're not careful, you'll get sucked into the process and lose track of the bigger picture.

Keep focusing on the Consumer and Local Business. Improve communications internally. Enhance training programs to reach the outside team and promote from within more.

Young & energetic

I worked at Groupon

Pros

Stay on your toes, be innovative and creative. Opportunities to lead.

Cons

Large and sometimes lacking in clear, consistent objectives and communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!