Groupon

www.groupon.com

How to Migrate to the Mean... The Story of Groupon

Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere's nothing wrong with average. If you are average and like to be around people who are just like you or slightly below average, then Groupon is a great fit. There's a general lack of accountability to be a rockstar, so you'll have the opportunity to coast by doing "ok" work for an "ok" company. Punch in at 9:05am, punch out at 4:59pm. Don't create, don't ask hard questions about where the company is headed. If you're social and want to meet fun people, there are lots of young and fun people to befriend and partying to be had.

ConsAll technology companies do is manufacture innovation. When technology companies stop innovating, their ability to grow shrinks and business performance suffers. To innovate, you need the best people. To attract and retain the best people, you need to foster an environment that drives creativity, innovation, and excellence. Groupon had this for a moment in time, but lost it, and lost a lot of A-level talent in the process. The end result is that the company has migrated to the mean. If you're serious about business and working in an environment where the culture allows you to stretch your thinking and imagination, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe focus at Groupon is currently more , more , more-- bigger, bigger, bigger. Instead the focus should be on developing people and getting better, better, better. Great people drive great technology companies, not the other way around.

Great Place to work

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great culture, perks, young environment. Managers are easy going as… Cons: Doesn't seem like there is much room for growth. Positions changed a… Advice to Senior Management: From what I have heard, the company is improving in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun while it lasted...

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great atmosphere, good commission, good advertising platform when set up… Cons: Platforms always changing, bring bad customers to businesses, businesses loose… Advice to Senior Management: Groupon has lost its luster...not sure how to regain without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Groupon.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!