There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Angry customers, very little support...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlimited paid time off. It sounds absolutely insane and it is. ALso, the company pays very well considering their Customer Service reps are required to do very little.

Cons

The upper level management is full of lazy hipsters who want to do as little as possible and make as much as possible. They do not care about the lower level employees. The atmosphere is dismal and with their current policies in place, they'll probably be bankrupt in the next 2 years.

653 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

A stepping stone to move on to other things

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Groupon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young work environment, No dress code, free gatorade. Some of the coworkers were great to work with, sometimes would drink on Friday afternoons to help shadow the horrible work week.

Cons

After working at Groupon for about a year, it's difficult to see the long term agenda for this company. I've read a lot of reviews on Glassdoor and unfortunately the negative reviews are, for the most part, accurate with my experience here (for inside sales reps).
    It was almost a running joke to learn each week who had quit or been fired from an inside sales position. The monthly quotas are set very high and difficult to obtain, especially for small markets who also make the least in commission because of units sold. Most of the time during my calls I was told to take a hike or f-off and to never call back again. And my job was to wait a small period of time and call again. And we would get questioned when the businesses we sign up call and ask to be removed or "paused" because of how many vouchers they've sold...since Groupon wants to keep businesses on their site forever. I knew it was an inside sales position but this was like twisting arms, pulling teeth, and going to war with people on the phone everyday - - hence the very high turnover rate (and why Groupon is always hiring). My advice? If you decide to take this job, do it for no more than a year and move on.

Outside Sales

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Groupon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/life balance is great. Innovative company that is always evolving.

Cons

Sales are treated like robots. Sweat shop mentality. Commission plan is extremely restrictive with no room for real growth/upside.

Reward your people financially - not with make believe incentives and you'll see better results.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon