There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Wrong Questions

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Groupon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Groupon was a great company to work for, would recommend to anyone looking for a job.

Cons

If you're a frontend candidate, you'll want to brush up on CS stuff, because they don't know how to interview a UI candidate very well.

Better scope of questions for Front-end Candidates.

620 Other Employee Reviews for Groupon (View Most Recent)

Fun environment, dedicated co-workers, lack of management direction, management looks out for themselves

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Young workforce, dedicated teammates, relaxed work environment, lots of opportunities for professional growth (but not career).

Cons

Management looks out for themselves for the most part, no 401(k) match, lack of upward mobility, lack of clear directions. COO constantly changes his mind, Company acts first and thinks later.

Learn from past mistakes, treat your employees with respect, limit your change of directions.

Lots of fun - great people, dynamic environment

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner

I have been working at Groupon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands down - my peers were my favorite part of my job. I had never worked in a totally open environment before and was apprehensive about it, but having such amazing people around me all day really made for a fun day. I also was assigned to a few internal groups that I really enjoyed supporting that were led by people that were really invested in doing right by their people. I've worked in HR for about 13 years, and this was one of those opportunities that HR people dream of - there were support structures in place - centers of excellence to lean on - but the company was so malleable that you can really influence change and make your stamp on the organization. HR is also given a lot of autonomy, which is great.

Cons

There are a lot of inexperienced folks here, so sometimes you have to help people learn how to be professional. Attrition is very high, but it's a product of the population (mostly sales and customer service employees). There was very little direction given which is both a plus and a minus. It means a lot of autonomy, but sometimes you need direction.

Continue to work on establishing protocol and continue to keep the culture fun, but don't let one compromise the other.

There are newer employer reviews for Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!