Grover Gaming

www.grovergaming.com
  www.grovergaming.com
There are newer employer reviews for Grover Gaming

This growing company was the right choice for me.

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time

Pros

There are obvious ones that everyone likes; The free lunches/breakfast, relaxed dress code, 401k match, Health and Dental, etc. With my time at Grover, I have only seen these perks increase, and I hear they are always looking to find more ways to keep employees happy.

We work for some very motivated people, and in turn we can't help but feel confident that we work for the best company in Greenville. Some personalities take different types strokes to stir up, but I believe the work atmosphere can be motivating for everyone.

Personal growth/career advancement is a very big factor for everyone, and my experience at this company has been great. Personal growth translates to company growth and that is very apparent in the culture here. I myself have heard some pretty great personal growth stories from the President on down to the technicians and its a pretty motivating thing when you hear about how everyone has grown alongside the company.

Learning and sharing of knowledge is a big deal here and I have learned more here from non-degree holding colleagues than I have from academics. The company consists of very educated non-academic group of employees, if that makes any sense.

Work here never bored me. There are some lulls and some crunch-time situations but I am never bored. If anything, I have loads of genuine fun working here regardless of the task at hand.

Cons

Grover is a very young company. This can be a pro in some ways, but I chose to list it in the cons because I have seen some of the young-gun type mentalities and ego vs. ego battles hurt productivity before. It is getting better as the employees themselves mature.

Organization is still a bit of a problem and it hurts product, service, and customers at times. I can say its still light years ahead from where it has been, but nonetheless could be better. If you are looking to have a clear cut schedule, task list, etc, you might be in for a surprise.

Im not sure if they do performance reviews anymore ever since the restructuring of the company. Its good to know where you stand and what you need to do to improve work performance, if needed. Its a win-win for the company and the employee, but there aren't any anymore.

The competitive nature of our work can sometimes foster a workaholic type of culture in the ranks. This can cause some conflicts in the personal lives of some. Sometimes there is only a deadline, and it has to be met.

We need more seasoned employees in the industries and markets we are going into. Having someone that has done a task before and knows the ropes already can help us be a lot more efficient.

Hire some more people.
Be more efficient.
Lets get better at communication.
We need to get our name out there a little more to attract more talent!

6 Other Employee Reviews for Grover Gaming (View Most Recent)

Company definitely "needs some love"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I worked at Grover Gaming full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly company lunches. They're really good too!
    Health package is pretty good compared to others.
    Great friends outside of the work. Definitely people you'd enjoy a conversation with.
    Frequent Parties
    GB is probably one of the most down to earth high class boss I've ever had, and I doubt he's aware of the issues the rest of management is causing...

Cons

Most of the 4+ star reviews on here are management. HINT: DID YOU NOTICE ALL THE REVIEWS ARE IN THE SAME MONTH!? If you're working here as management, you scored a nice job. Otherwise...run.
    Underpays developers (programmers, artists, audio) and warehouse unless they're close to management
    They keep saying "we're constantly growing" but they fire people left and right without warning to them
    Horrible communication between higher ups and everyone else
    Like going home after an 8 hour shift? Good luck!
    Yoyo development. Sometimes they'll have 2 games in development, and 10 a week later.
    Raise? HA! Small rare bonuses, yes. Raise, not likely.
    Like I said, they're good people outside of the work. AT work, respect is rare unless you're an "original".
    Reason they pick entry level people is because they're easier to screw over.
    Just about everyone who got fired since I worked there had NO warning. No chance to talk, or anything. One person didn't even get 90 days to prove himself.
    A lot of the people working there are looking for jobs elsewhere to escape.
    Testing is a joke. 1-3 people pressing a button. Test night for the company = red solo cups for all

I don't even know where to start. They're all good people with good heart. I just don't think it's known what's truly going on under the roof. Talk to some of your guys one on one and tell them their feedback wouldn't affect their jobs. Talk to former employers who you know will be honest with you because, well, they don't work there anymore. Do something to ask "how can we make this a better place" to the point where you get 500 resumes per day like IGT. Stop trying to "grow" when some of your own guys aren't happy. I think this company can EXPONENTIALLY grow much more than it has if there were some changes.
    I hope you're reading this GB. You're an awesome dude with awesome ideas, I hope you at least find this a little constructive.

A company that cares.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Grover Gaming full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At least once a week I've heard conversations regarding ways to give back to employees. Whether it be bonuses, increased healthcare contributions or additional company-provided meals. The owner of the company genuinely cares about each employee and product. This attitude is reflected by the executive staff all the way down to the average employee. Everyone is invested in the products that we create... all the way through the product lifecycle.

Cons

There are many projects waiting to be started on, but manpower is the issue. The company is growing, but not nearly fast enough. There are so many markets to be penetrated which has created a challenging balance between planning and execution.

Keep doing what you're doing...it's working.

There are newer employer reviews for Grover Gaming