GrubHub

www.grubhub.com
  www.grubhub.com
There are newer employer reviews for GrubHub

Enegetic, fast-growing company with great leadership.

Former Employee - Online Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Online Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at GrubHub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of perks, young workforce, accessible management, fun office environment.

Cons

Sales territories turned over and often become muddled.

56 Other Employee Reviews for GrubHub (View Most Recent)

Decent money, poor morale and career advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Online Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Online Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GrubHub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-location

-Awesome, bright, young people that you would want to hang out with outside the office

-potential to make good money for an entry level career

Cons

-Career advancement opportunities have been nonexistent in my one year plus run at GrubHub. The sales, account management, and CS teams are cut off from the rest of the company and management so don't expect to move to another department or network with them.

-The sales team is monitored like children by management

-No matter if you are a top performing or average rep you are given the same opportunity as the guy next to you. Top reps are not given major accounts or top territories leading to no incentive to continue on with the department past the one year mark.

-Have an idea or suggestion? Keep it to yourself because there is no line of communication to present ideas to upper management.

-Everyone is disposable. Tenured and top performing reps have been fired numerous times this year for reasons such as being late or missing quota twice out of one year.

- The company is still talked about as a start up, even though we have been in business for close to 10 years. Culture is gone.

-With the Seamless merger, sales prospects and earning potential has decreased drastically and there have been no talks of updating compensation accordingly.

Get rid of them. I recently read a great article stating you don't hate your job, you hate your manager. Be accessible to employees and have more open communication from the top down. Train and develop them, not just babysit.

GrubHub has an amazing culture with gifted and enthusiastic people. I love it here.

I have been working at GrubHub

Pros

• The culture is top notch
    • The people are incredibly passionate and gifted
    • The downtown Chicago location is across from Daley Plaza and is next to a bunch of yummy lunch options.

Cons

None. I'm very happy and don't have any complaints. 'Nuf said.

There are newer employer reviews for GrubHub