There are newer employer reviews for GrubHub

So far so good!

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GrubHub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is younger and still full of excitement, especially since the merger. Within a year, both companies will be one and moving forward, I expect big things.

Cons

Plenty of unanswerable questions from a new hire standpoint. Expect to get frustrated sometimes. Upon hiring expect to work whenever they tell you.

reviews filtered by

Great Experience in Fast Paced Start Up Company

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GrubHub full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- You're a part of a unique, growing, fast paced company. You're not selling office supplies or insurance.

- Opportunities for travel

- Great group of people to work with in the department.

- Laid back attire. You wear Jeans and shorts instead of shirt and ties.

- Lot's of company and team meals/outings.

- Good pay if you perform well.

- Lot's of good perks like discounts on meals, rooftop deck at office, and benefits.

Cons

- Experience a lot of changes. Company will make changes as they grow for better or worse.

- Poor pay if you don't perform well.

- Sometimes feel out of the loop with all the company decisions and changes.

GrubHub Response

Jun 25, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hi, we really appreciate your feedback! It is good to hear you enjoy our culture and that you would recommend the company to your friends!

Lack of ethics and loyalty to veteran tenured professionals

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY

I have been working at GrubHub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started at the company in 2011 it was amazing. We were a family whether you worked in LA or DC or Chicago or NYC we looked out for each other and had a common goal. Thoughts and opinions were encouraged even if they went against the grain as long as they were productive and could bring something new to the table. We worked hard and played hard and were rewarded finically and with stock options for our hard work and loyalty. This is no longer true on the sales side.

Cons

Most of middle management will sell their own mother's if it meant keeping their job for another 20 minutes. The lack of common ethics and loyalty to the people who helped to position this company for success is gone. No one cares if you have a family or are getting married....sorry miss quota because of a change in product your out it doesn't matter that you have the most profit in the company and have helped build the company into what it is today. Just remember it's not about people anymore but about how much investors and upper management can pad their pockets.

Advice to Management

Matt and Mike Is this the company you always hoped for? Is this the way you want your long term employees to feel? Is this what you hoped for when you left your jobs to become entrepreneurs? Remember who helped you build this company and not just who is putting money in today.

There are newer employer reviews for GrubHub