There are newer employer reviews for Grubb & Ellis

Best job I ever had. I loved it and would return in a heartbeat... wish i could.

Former Employee - Graphic Artist  in  Armonk, NY
Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Armonk, NY

I worked at Grubb & Ellis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

they trusted you to do your job with minimal supervision. Treated you as a professional, and although they couldn't afford to acknowledge you monetarily , management was fair and attentive - and appreciative of professional work. You were respected and treated as a human being. Cared about personal life and family. Many more pros than cons, just the state of the economy was really what happened here, not the fault of the company.

Cons

We were let go as a team, its possible that if there were better intervention, we could've survived. better communication as a team would've helped, we might still be there... well, maybe. the economy had a lot to do with the dissolution. The way we were let go could've been handled better. I had 28 years and was given only 2 weeks to settle out with customers, try to clean out almost 30 years of shop material. it really couldn't have hurt to give more time.

get together with your team and ask what you think would help , what customers want, etc, Listen to those on the lower ranks, those are the ones really doing the work.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Grubb & Ellis (View Most Recent)

I loved my job,the people! the company itself was great to work for! They cared about the people!

Former Employee - Small Parcels Crib  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Small Parcels Crib in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Grubb & Ellis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I thought of grubb & ellis as a company and people, that they treated everyone the way that they would want to be treated. no one was treated greater or better.

Cons

I really can't think of anything, but getting laid-off! i do understand that was not there fault. lack of needs for my job.

treat everyone the same.some day you might not be where you are now and have to start all over again.

This is a great company to begin with

Current Employee - Property Assistant  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Property Assistant in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Grubb & Ellis full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is very friendly and comfortable. A great place to begin your career and learn the ins and outs of commercial RE.

Cons

The transition to Newmark grubb knight frank has caused us to lose some of the closeness that we previously had.

There are newer employer reviews for Grubb & Ellis

Worked for Grubb & Ellis? Contribute to the Community!