There are newer employer reviews for Gruma

Given the opportunity to learn about quality control when I had never before worked as QAT. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Current Employee - Quality Control Technician in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

Great benefits and pay is good to start Everyone given 40 hours and chance for overtime My lead is very good and very helpful. Whenever I feel too stressed and overwhelmed with all the workload and issues he gives me a hand. Most of my co-workers are great and helpful as well. A good place to learn more and more. Strong potential for growth within the company.

Cons

The stress level can be very high at times and overwhelming The pay could be a little better Some co-workers' attitudes hard to cope with

Other Employee Reviews for Gruma

1. I miss the type of work, but I do not miss the company

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Irving, TX

Pros

Corporate office location in Texas is good

Cons

No support by management, the pay is lower than industrty standars, the hours you are asked to work,

Advice to Management

Look within the management

Mission just sucked as a company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA

Pros

some of the pros to working for Mission Foods is that their Benefits are good (Dental, Health, and Vision). another pro pending what you are looking for is that there are no real rules or policies in place, and the ones that are are not followed even by mgnt.

Cons

the biggest con for me was that there were no rules or policies in place and the ones that were did not get followed. as a supervisor i had to fight with mgnt and hr on certain issues even if the issues were written in black and white (handbook). there was always excuses made for the associates. antoher con is that mgnt wants nothing to do with your idea's, they will wait for a while and then use that same idea as if it was there own. no recogition and no team work. there was always fighting among the shift and no one liked to take responsibilty for their actions. way to many excuses for the assoicates and mgnt.

Advice to Management

turn it up a notch, hold people accountable for their actions and dont worry so much about making yourself look good. give credit to those whom deserve it!