There are newer employer reviews for Guaranteed Rate

Best. Mortgage Company. Ever.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stable, growing, positive work environment, rewarded for strong performance, opportunity to advance, pride in the reputation of the company you work for (which is rare in this industry).

Cons

It is still work, let's not kid ourselves. But after a decade in this business, working for both the biggest mortgage lender in the country and one of our local competitors, this is by far the best mortgage company to work for, and I would argue it is probably one of the best companies in any industry.

Keep doing what you are doing.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Guaranteed Rate (View Most Recent)

So Far, So Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training was all paid for as well as all licensing exams and licenses themselves. They training team really does a great job to get you the quality materials you need when starting out in a mortgage position. A lot of us came from little experience and have come a very long way after going through our 8-week training program.

Management has come a long way and really puts forth the effort to give those willing to put their time into their success a decent lead database.

Cons

It takes a while for good leads to start coming through. And it takes a while for individual state licenses to come through. I wish we would have known the length it took for licenses to be approved that way we could have started the process sooner.

Be open with your team and always be there for support and encouragement, especially for those that don't have as much experience in the industry. Overall, you guys are doing a great job, and I consider it a great pleasure and a positive experience to work here.

Just down right the best mortgage company out there!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great place to work! Excellent company benefits. A company that truly cares about their employees and their goals. A company that finds talented people and appreciates their hard work. This is the google and facebook of the mortgage industry. Modern technology and enhancements to help provide the best customer service to our clients.

Cons

Fast pace and headed to number 1. If you are someone that just wants to stay in one place then you may not like this industry.

Make sure they have the right management in all areas of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Guaranteed Rate