Guaranteed Rate

www.guaranteedrate.com
  www.guaranteedrate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guaranteed Rate

Guaranteed Rate is one of the best sales companies Ive ever worked for

Current Employee - Service Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Service Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training. Most companies dont train their sales employees and expect them to rely on their past experiences. My previous experience was in recruiting; completely unrelated to mortgage sales. Not only did GR set the expectations accurately, they conducted their own home grown training course, in addition to bringing in an outside expert to supplement that training.
Recruiting: Their recruiting staff was one of the quickest and most responsive team I have ever encountered. In addition to being professional and friendly, they really make you feel comfortable and make it known that you were hired for a specific reason, as opposed to being just another resume in a file.
Great technology. They provide you all the tools necessary to succeed, including licensing and testing.
I like the business casual environment. I like the flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

Some departments are not as efficient as others. There is some animosity between different departments.
Steep learning curve. Lots of testing, waiting for licenses to be approved takes a significant amount of time. Dont expect to be taking home 4 grand after the 1st month. This isnt a job, nor a career: this is a lifestyle.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Guaranteed Rate (View Most Recent)

Don't work here, unless you are a loan officer.

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can move to different departments quiet easily by expressing your interest to certain managers.

Cons

If your not a loan officer or in the sales department, prepare to be disrespected and belittled. Upper management makes it consistently known that you are replaceable and cannot talk back to loan officers. If a loan officer calls you out of your name, or yells at you about how "stupid" you are, you must keep quiet. Otherwise, an HR rep will be at your desk within 30 minutes asking you to grab your things, because you are fired. I've seen this happen to many employees in the time that I've worked there.

Stream line the organization so that there aren't over 100 Vice Presidents (no exaggeration here). Also, create a corporate culture that motivates employees by not belittling the operations/support staff and continuously explaining to us that the sales department "are our bread and butter."

Best in business

Current Employee - Post Closing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Post Closing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of perks, bonus, work-life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of...

Good job