Guaranteed Rate
www.guaranteedrate.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Guaranteed Rate is one of the best sales companies Ive ever worked for

Service Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time for more than a year

ProsTraining. Most companies dont train their sales employees and expect them to rely on their past experiences. My previous experience was in recruiting; completely unrelated to mortgage sales. Not only did GR set the expectations accurately, they conducted their own home grown training course, in addition to bringing in an outside expert to supplement that training.
Recruiting: Their recruiting staff was one of the quickest and most responsive team I have ever encountered. In addition to being professional and friendly, they really make you feel comfortable and make it known that you were hired for a specific reason, as opposed to being just another resume in a file.
Great technology. They provide you all the tools necessary to succeed, including licensing and testing.
I like the business casual environment. I like the flexibility in work schedule.

ConsSome departments are not as efficient as others. There is some animosity between different departments.
Steep learning curve. Lots of testing, waiting for licenses to be approved takes a significant amount of time. Dont expect to be taking home 4 grand after the 1st month. This isnt a job, nor a career: this is a lifestyle.

Don't work here, unless you are a loan officer.

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Guaranteed Rate full-time for less than a year

Pros: You can move to different departments quiet easily by expressing… Cons: If your not a loan officer or in the sales department, prepare to be disrespected and belittled. Upper management makes it consistently known that you… Advice to Senior Management: Stream line the organization so that there aren't over 100 Vice Presidents (no exaggeration here). Also, create a corporate culture that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

poor pay, poor benefits, terrible leadership

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I really can't think of any. Cons: They pay terrible unless you are a loan officer, the benefits are terrible,… Advice to Senior Management: HR & IT have incompetent leadership, Marketing & Operations are good. IT is lead by a parrot - spouts the words & ideas of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Guaranteed Rate.

Worked for Guaranteed Rate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guaranteed Rate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guaranteed Rate CEO Victor F. Ciardelli III. All reviews posted anonymously by Guaranteed Rate employees.