Guaranteed Rate

www.guaranteedrate.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Guaranteed Rate

Terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Vice President of Mortgage Lending - Direct Division in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You do get paid training and they also pay for your national/stae license

Cons

Money is terrible there unless you have a Realtor or referral base. They will tell you about all the money people make in the online and direct division but it's all lies. Commission structure is extremely low on the direct and online divisions. I funded 4 loans for almost 2 million and my commission check was about $1,000

231 Other Employee Reviews for Guaranteed Rate (View Most Recent)

Guaranteed Rate is one of the best sales companies Ive ever worked for

Current Employee - Service Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Service Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training. Most companies dont train their sales employees and expect them to rely on their past experiences. My previous experience was in recruiting; completely unrelated to mortgage sales. Not only did GR set the expectations accurately, they conducted their own home grown training course, in addition to bringing in an outside expert to supplement that training.
    Recruiting: Their recruiting staff was one of the quickest and most responsive team I have ever encountered. In addition to being professional and friendly, they really make you feel comfortable and make it known that you were hired for a specific reason, as opposed to being just another resume in a file.
    Great technology. They provide you all the tools necessary to succeed, including licensing and testing.
    I like the business casual environment. I like the flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

Some departments are not as efficient as others. There is some animosity between different departments.
    Steep learning curve. Lots of testing, waiting for licenses to be approved takes a significant amount of time. Dont expect to be taking home 4 grand after the 1st month. This isnt a job, nor a career: this is a lifestyle.

You aren't going to find a mortgage company like this anywhere else.

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Technology, Innovation, Fun!, The product I sell is the company. My sale is not a hard one.

Cons

I don't have any complaints!

Keep it up