Guardian Industries
www.guardian.com Auburn Hills, MI 5000+ Employees

Thankful for the opportunity, but disappointed in teh company

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Geneva, NY

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsGuardian is a good stepping stone company to gain experience and launch your career. They offer decent pay, great medical benefits, and a very average bonus program. The on-site fitness facility was a nice bonus.

ConsIt is very physical work, even for Supervisors. Long hours (12.5 hrs) and a rotating schedule (nights one month, days the next). The staff talks about the "culture" being far better than other companies, but it's really no different once you get on the production floor. False sense of "team" atmosphere. In-fighting between shifts, and often supervisors. I witnessed a couple promotions based on "good ole boy" system instead of by merit, and I was there less than a year. Doing a good job meant having more work put on you. A lack of integrity from Senior Management (I was point blank lied to by the HR manager, which prompted me to begin looking for another job).

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up the issues on the floor. Stop focusing on the extra things that take away from production, then complain about lowered production (safety games that produce no results and HealthGuard games). The employees aren't interested, and you create more work for your supervisors. Lead by example: don't preach "integrity" and then not have any yourselves...the operators notice.

Production Supervisor

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)
Carlton, MI

I worked at Guardian Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay, benefits, some coworkers, they have been in business a… Cons: good ol boys club, blame game, back stabbing, high stress,… Advice to Senior Management: How well you do in this company is not predicated by how well you do your job. But by who you go drinking with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Guardian will take as much as you give, then take a bit more.

Carleton, MI

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This is very much a 'man with an opinion' company. You can excel at Guardian by voicing your opinion… Cons: There are very few female managers company wide, it is difficult to move around in the organization, the review process is fairly… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with the employees, allow salaried employees to participate in career planning, share… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Guardian Industries.

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guardian Industries CEO Chuck Croskey. All reviews posted anonymously by Guardian Industries employees.