Guardian Industries

There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Industries

Rebuild Guardian Fullerton.

Current Employee - Mechanic in Fullerton, CA
Current Employee - Mechanic in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good variety of work.Felt like I made a difference.Lots of good friends,like family.Adequate pay with reasonable overtime.Good 401K.Thats why I put in 17 years til we closed.

Cons

Was a little on the warm side.LOL

Build a new plant at your Guardian Fellerton property.Broke my heart to see nothing but the sign and two fire hydrants left.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Guardian Industries (View Most Recent)

Fast paced environment with enthusiasm for entrepreneurial people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with opportunities to own your projects and make them succeed.

Cons

Management, at times, can be too hands-off.

Work to hire managers who are good at managing people, not just products.

Thankful for the opportunity, but disappointed in teh company

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Geneva, NY
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Geneva, NY

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Guardian is a good stepping stone company to gain experience and launch your career. They offer decent pay, great medical benefits, and a very average bonus program. The on-site fitness facility was a nice bonus.

Cons

It is very physical work, even for Supervisors. Long hours (12.5 hrs) and a rotating schedule (nights one month, days the next). The staff talks about the "culture" being far better than other companies, but it's really no different once you get on the production floor. False sense of "team" atmosphere. In-fighting between shifts, and often supervisors. I witnessed a couple promotions based on "good ole boy" system instead of by merit, and I was there less than a year. Doing a good job meant having more work put on you. A lack of integrity from Senior Management (I was point blank lied to by the HR manager, which prompted me to begin looking for another job).

Clean up the issues on the floor. Stop focusing on the extra things that take away from production, then complain about lowered production (safety games that produce no results and HealthGuard games). The employees aren't interested, and you create more work for your supervisors. Lead by example: don't preach "integrity" and then not have any yourselves...the operators notice.

There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Industries