Guardian Management

www.guardianmanagementllc.com
  www.guardianmanagementllc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Management

In THIS field, they are on the right track.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Guardian Management

Pros

Decisions are based on what's best for the owners and properties. Available management and upper management; getting an answer is never an opposition and everything is a priority. Needs are always meet. Opportunity for development and training is readily available and encouraged. Guardian is a well known company which builds the resume and breeds pride. A unique portfolio is maintained by Guardian Management which offers a variety of staffing needs and opportunities for growth. Corporate office is continually helpful and available! This is uncommon in other experiences I've had. They are responsive, professional and you feel that you are on the same team. Guardian is a ship built on a firm foundation.

Cons

Senior leadership is more like dictatorship and we are only privileged with the Presidents attendance at Manager meetings a small fraction of the time. Even then it is only for a small part of the meeting. A true leader would show the interest, make the time to lead his people. Long term employees (15+ years) are giving notice or being let go in a "time of change" at a seemingly rapid pace. There is so much variety in upper management it is like working for a different company if/when a change is made as "policy" is not clear/communicated/interpreted the same way. Training is provided, but not functionally complete. Compared to similar positions, Guardian provides the least benefits, least salary and smallest on site staff coverage which is compounded with the greatest amount of responsibility.

If you ask and don't listen it is worse than asking in the first place. Personality profiling/training could be beneficial to correctly train and then manage staff for long term interest. There is a fine line between micromanaging and being too laid back. This line has yet to be found across the board. On-site staff work often at 24 hour on-call basis and get very little recognition. Thank you for taking the time to ask - now we wait for proof that the answers made a difference.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Guardian Management (View Most Recent)

High employee turnover rate, little opportunity for growth and advancement

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Guardian Management

Pros

Large portfolio with ample opportunity to gain property management experience. Some great leadership at the portfolio manager position, and some less than great.

Cons

High employee turnover rate with often impossible expectations. Generally a culture of all work, no ballance with life. Limited opportunity for advancement for well qualified employees.

Realistic and satisfied team member

I have been working at Guardian Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Guardian, like most companies I have worked for, will require a period of getting to know one another and build trust, a period where you are checking one another out. This is the point where I kept my head down, ears open, worked hard and tried to demonstrate that I was truly looking for a long term position where I was going to continue to be challenged and appreciated for my work. I found during my first year of employment, though I had two different managers, that I was recognized for my work and given additional assignments to further my growth. While I worked additional hours at times, they certainly were not unreasonable and it was really my choice and as an exempt employee OT was not an issue as regards to pay. I found the culture to be reasonable, lots of right things said, almost all of them done. While I am not wealthy, I am paid competitively for my work, though more money is always beneficial. I hope that I continue on the path I have started with additional responsibilities as I have seen increases in salary with the additional responsibilities to date.
    The corporate office management seems to be open, accessible and reasonable. My own experience is that they are always willing to assist and help, though everything takes time. No micromanagement. The management leadership 2 day conference is an excellent educational and team building conference. Time off is good and work life balance is fine from what I see.

Cons

Communication company wide can always be better. Medical benefits are decent, though they pay for a part of the employee insurance only, none of the dependents.
    Need to listen to employees regarding concerns about potential wrong doing of other staff

Consider health insurance costs and doing more. Appreciate your employees, all of them, as often as possible. Make yourselves known. Consider more bonus potentials.

There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Management