Guardian Management

www.guardianmanagementllc.com

In THIS field, they are on the right track.

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Decisions are based on what's best for the owners and properties. Available management and upper management; getting an answer is never an opposition and everything is a priority. Needs are always meet. Opportunity for development and training is readily available and encouraged. Guardian is a well known company which builds the resume and breeds pride. A unique portfolio is maintained by Guardian Management which offers a variety of staffing needs and opportunities for growth. Corporate office is continually helpful and available! This is uncommon in other experiences I've had. They are responsive, professional and you feel that you are on the same team. Guardian is a ship built on a firm foundation.

Cons

Senior leadership is more like dictatorship and we are only privileged with the Presidents attendance at Manager meetings a small fraction of the time. Even then it is only for a small part of the meeting. A true leader would show the interest, make the time to lead his people. Long term employees (15+ years) are giving notice or being let go in a "time of change" at a seemingly rapid pace. There is so much variety in upper management it is like working for a different company if/when a change is made as "policy" is not clear/communicated/interpreted the same way. Training is provided, but not functionally complete. Compared to similar positions, Guardian provides the least benefits, least salary and smallest on site staff coverage which is compounded with the greatest amount of responsibility.

If you ask and don't listen it is worse than asking in the first place. Personality profiling/training could be beneficial to correctly train and then manage staff for long term interest. There is a fine line between micromanaging and being too laid back. This line has yet to be found across the board. On-site staff work often at 24 hour on-call basis and get very little recognition. Thank you for taking the time to ask - now we wait for proof that the answers made a difference.

Other reviews for Guardian Management

High employee turnover rate, little opportunity for growth and advancement

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

Large portfolio with ample opportunity to gain property management experience. Some great leadership at the portfolio manager position, and some less than great.

Cons

High employee turnover rate with often impossible expectations. Generally a culture of all work, no ballance with life. Limited opportunity for advancement for well qualified employees.

Love my properties and my team!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Plenty of opportunities with of room for growth, promotions available from within, lots of autonomy and empowerment to own your position and succeed. But you do have to work hard and earn every bit of it (which makes total sense!). I have the privilage to work for awesome properties in the heart of Portland, with such an amazing group of people (my manager, and 2 person maintenance team). We work hard and share the successes of overcoming daily challenges, low turnovers, almost constant 100% occupancy, and happy residents. I have only worked for there two buildings within Guardian, so I can only speak for my team and my own experience, which has been very positive.

Cons

No commisions on rentals nor lease renewals. Not enough incentives, and low bonuses.

Monetary incentives and more personalized recognition would definitely be appreciated, and would add to the job satisfaction. But for me personally, the greatest reward has been being a part of such a great on site team!

There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Management.

Worked for Guardian Management? Contribute to the Community!