Guardian Management

www.guardianmanagementllc.com

In THIS field, they are on the right track.

Property Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsDecisions are based on what's best for the owners and properties. Available management and upper management; getting an answer is never an opposition and everything is a priority. Needs are always meet. Opportunity for development and training is readily available and encouraged. Guardian is a well known company which builds the resume and breeds pride. A unique portfolio is maintained by Guardian Management which offers a variety of staffing needs and opportunities for growth. Corporate office is continually helpful and available! This is uncommon in other experiences I've had. They are responsive, professional and you feel that you are on the same team. Guardian is a ship built on a firm foundation.

ConsSenior leadership is more like dictatorship and we are only privileged with the Presidents attendance at Manager meetings a small fraction of the time. Even then it is only for a small part of the meeting. A true leader would show the interest, make the time to lead his people. Long term employees (15+ years) are giving notice or being let go in a "time of change" at a seemingly rapid pace. There is so much variety in upper management it is like working for a different company if/when a change is made as "policy" is not clear/communicated/interpreted the same way. Training is provided, but not functionally complete. Compared to similar positions, Guardian provides the least benefits, least salary and smallest on site staff coverage which is compounded with the greatest amount of responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ask and don't listen it is worse than asking in the first place. Personality profiling/training could be beneficial to correctly train and then manage staff for long term interest. There is a fine line between micromanaging and being too laid back. This line has yet to be found across the board. On-site staff work often at 24 hour on-call basis and get very little recognition. Thank you for taking the time to ask - now we wait for proof that the answers made a difference.

High employee turnover rate, little opportunity for growth and advancement

Property Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Guardian Management

Pros: Large portfolio with ample opportunity to gain property management experience. Some… Cons: High employee turnover rate with often impossible expectations. Generally a culture of all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Love my properties and my team!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Guardian Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Plenty of opportunities with of room for growth, promotions available from within, lots of autonomy and empowerment to own your position and succeed. But you… Cons: No commisions on rentals nor lease renewals. Not enough incentives,… Advice to Senior Management: Monetary incentives and more personalized recognition would definitely be appreciated, and would add to the job satisfaction. But… More

There are newer reviews on Guardian Management.

Worked for Guardian Management? Contribute to the Community!