Guardsmark Canada
www.guardsmark.ca Toronto, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Guardsmark - Great for those looking for a challenge

Leaning and Development Specialist (Current Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Guardsmark Canada

ProsThis company is staffed by exceptional people. They are always willing and able to go above and beyond to make sure the job gets done. Guardsmark is not like any other security company out there; we provide the best security officers available in the market. Period.

ConsPersonally, my commute was a challenge, but that really has no bearing on you, the reader. Hours can be very long, but I think that was a product of the clientele that we have. Currently Guardsmark is going through a tremendous growth phase. There is *always* more work to do as a result. Deadlines can be a challenge simply due to how many there are at any given time. I don't really consider this a con so much as a "be prepared for this" kind of thing. Knowing what to expect will prevent you from forming expectations that will conflict with reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need more people in the office :) I know it's not in the budget, but....you need more people. If basically everyone in the company is pulling overtime there's a problem. More managers will hire more officers and reduce management workload and stress, more officers will reduce overtime and burnout among front-line staff.

Hire a temporary employee or five if you don't want to consider hiring a permanent manager.

Guardsmark Canada

Security Guard (Current Employee)

I have been working at Guardsmark Canada

Pros: Above average pay, good learning and development program in place. Promotions available to those that stand out… Cons: They have a relatively small footprint in Canada, with few sites.… Advice to Senior Management: I basically think the Guardsmark Canada management is doing a good job. Because of their pricing strategies, they are sometimes priced out of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Security Officer

Security Guard (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Guardsmark Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros: Family like feel with management Cons: Pay, Benefits, Opportunities, and demoralizing account manager Advice to Senior Management: Focus on promoting from within, and giving your current employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Guardsmark Canada.

Worked for Guardsmark Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardsmark Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guardsmark Canada CEO Ira A. Lipman. All reviews posted anonymously by Guardsmark Canada employees.