There are newer employer reviews for Guardsmark

Same as any other security company but with benefits.. yipee?

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Definite PRO if you are a student. If you are a security officer and in school you need to work here. Tuition reimbursement. Free health care is nice as well. Some decent sites mostly high end clients from what I've seen so far.

Cons

Same old security company meaning same thing you can expect from any other. Takes anyone and everyone with a pulse. Downside to that is you may end up with the guy who loves to stroll in 15 minutes late everyday while you are ALWAYS on time. The interview and hiring process is RIDICULOUS. 500 questions, review a few videos, psych evaluation????, health background information, school information, REFERENCES!!! I've never had a security job that asked for all this. Took me 3 weeks to get hired from the time of the interview to starting my first day.

Monitor guards more closely. Some actually try and are there for a few years to pay off school or to supplement their income and they do great work. Others know the security system and come in without uniform, late, lack of respect for client and fellow guards and just use security as an easy money scheme. My advice - keep a more watchful eye and acknowledge the ones who do their job well.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Guardsmark (View Most Recent)

Good upward mobility for some, but they want to give you all these titles without more pay

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have a good manager, they will work with you regarding family/life balance

Cons

Everything else in this company is horrible

What for?? No one even listens.

Good work for anyone without an education

I worked at Guardsmark

Pros

It is a full-time job
    Very easy work: Smile and wave, inspect premises, don't fall asleep.

Cons

A monkey could be trained to do the same job.
    Below average pay.