Guardsmark

www.guardsmark.com

By far the most professional operation I've experienced.

Security Officer (Current Employee)

ProsThe hiring process and selection of candidates is by far the best and most thorough out of any security company I have worked for. The amount of paperwork I had to fill out just to get a part-time position was absolutely ridiculous, but that's what I like about it. Not just anybody can walk in and get a job here. The pay scale is also above the typical contract security standard.

ConsThe cons are typical of any private security operation. Relations with client employees can be difficult and some don't treat the security force with much respect. I've been in the security industry for over 10 years with many different organizations both contract and in-house and there is nothing bad about this company that you wouldn't experience with any other company.

My only complaint at all, and it's very petty, is that the uniforms are bizarre. They're part business part law enforcement and very out-dated. They do look professional and most employees wear them well, but they need a bit of an update.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing- at least at my branch.

security officer

Security Officer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guardsmark part-time for more than a year

Pros: you get paid on time and pay can be good… Cons: they have paper checks no dd and the mangerment is… Advice to Senior Management: care more and pay more No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's a job

Security Officer (Current Employee) Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you get on a good account there are alot of… Cons: The pay sucks, and the owner is supper cheap and greedy and does not care about his employees. Raises; "what raises". There is just not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Guardsmark.

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!