Guardsmark

www.guardsmark.com

Manager Business Development

Current Employee - Manager Business Developmentq  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Manager Business Developmentq in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

excellent communication and sales skills

Cons

profit rather than sales focused

20% of something is better than 30% of nothing

Other reviews for Guardsmark

It pays 'most' of the bills

Current Employee - Secutiry Guard
    Current Employee - Secutiry Guard

Pros

Great coworkers
    Good start-up pay
    Issued seasonable uniforms

Cons

36hrs is considered full time (no travel time, which for me is 4hrs per shift)
    loss of medical insurance if you do not have enough hours in a two month period
    raises? what raises? do you consider $.25 per year a raise?? I guess...
    Not allowed to contact upper management per upper management

Make yourselves readily avaliable to the employee, yes we understand that you get busy at time, but there is nothing stopping you from addressing our concerns in a timely manner. The newsletters our a joke/waste of paper, and having Ira's picture in everyone's paycheck package in unnecessary.

Same as any other security company but with benefits.. yipee?

Pros

Definite PRO if you are a student. If you are a security officer and in school you need to work here. Tuition reimbursement. Free health care is nice as well. Some decent sites mostly high end clients from what I've seen so far.

Cons

Same old security company meaning same thing you can expect from any other. Takes anyone and everyone with a pulse. Downside to that is you may end up with the guy who loves to stroll in 15 minutes late everyday while you are ALWAYS on time. The interview and hiring process is RIDICULOUS. 500 questions, review a few videos, psych evaluation????, health background information, school information, REFERENCES!!! I've never had a security job that asked for all this. Took me 3 weeks to get hired from the time of the interview to starting my first day.

Monitor guards more closely. Some actually try and are there for a few years to pay off school or to supplement their income and they do great work. Others know the security system and come in without uniform, late, lack of respect for client and fellow guards and just use security as an easy money scheme. My advice - keep a more watchful eye and acknowledge the ones who do their job well.

There are newer employer reviews for Guardsmark.

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!