Guess?

www.guess.com
  www.guess.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

I love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Guess? full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that I get to come to work and have fun every single day! While for some, the intense selling environment may not be their cup of tea, I find that my customers and peers don't really feel like we are selling as much as I am serving as their personal stylist. This is a great place to work if you are outgoing, love fashion and have a desire to win.

Cons

Sometimes the workload and amount payroll don't necessarily align so you have to be creative and find ways to run a profitable business without sacrificing service or operations. Also, with such a selling based culture, it is disturbing that managers are not paid more or at least given any commission on their sales as they are expected to do most of the store's volume.

Commission, commission, commission!

325 Other Employee Reviews for Guess? (View Most Recent)

Fun, busy, and competitive

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Guess? part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really loved all our clothing. The music, energy, and atmosphere is refreshing. Discounts were always a plus, 40% off always, 50% off employee bonus days, and 20% off sales items. My coworkers for the most part had great energy and sense of style that was contagious. At the store I worked at specifically, we encountered plenty of tourists from all around the world..this kept work interesting and fun interacting with all different cultures and language. Great in promoting and noticing hard work when it is being done.

Cons

I know the discount might sound great, but with how much they push "looking the part" I wish that it was even better. The dress code was strict at my store, as far as wearing heels. The old manager did not mind us changing into our flats within a couple hours, but our new store manager really pushes us to always wear heels, which is the cause of really sore feet. Imagine running around for customers for 5 to 8 hour shifts in heels, it's a pain, literally. Now that we just switched to commission, of course there is tendency for "customer stealing" whether on purpose or accident, either or, it causes uncomfortable tension. Because of this, it'll make you a more aggressive person.

Keep praising the good work, it is great motivation for the team. Please be considerate of our feet, the less they hurt, the better we can be for our customers.

Pefect for part time only

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Guess? part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits after a year, good starting pay, good discounts

Cons

no opportunity to grow beyond store level

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?