Guess?

www.guess.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

Run the floor

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Guess? part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If your competitive your gonna enjoy it of course that's not the case if your not one of the choosen commission stores. Great discount 40% off regularly and 50% sometimes. If your a guy which there aren't many of your gonna enjoy that as well , hopefully beautiful co-workers and customers as well.
As long as you sell like fire ( I'm talking top sph-sales per hour) your not goin nowhere bragging rights come with it as well. Great opportunity for advancement you can become a manager quickly if you show youve got what it takes , no degrees needed here just a sharp sense of fashion and an aggressive attitude.

Cons

Don't let management play mind games you acting as if you sellinglre money is gonna somehow have a majestically impact on the company and makes you more important. DON'T LET THEM PIT YOU AGAINST YOUR CO-WORKERS. It can get very competitive when people dart arguing over who's sale it is. The length of the shifts are bleh and gettin sent home if the store is not doing well enough for the day sucks as well. Management has a huge impact on how you perceive working there. It can get to the point where you feel more competent than your managers can get frustrating at times..

Be more appreciative with employees at times as their the ones doing the actual work making the company money with their aggressive selling attitude

340 Other Employee Reviews for Guess? (View Most Recent)

I love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Guess? full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love that I get to come to work and have fun every single day! While for some, the intense selling environment may not be their cup of tea, I find that my customers and peers don't really feel like we are selling as much as I am serving as their personal stylist. This is a great place to work if you are outgoing, love fashion and have a desire to win.

Cons

Sometimes the workload and amount payroll don't necessarily align so you have to be creative and find ways to run a profitable business without sacrificing service or operations. Also, with such a selling based culture, it is disturbing that managers are not paid more or at least given any commission on their sales as they are expected to do most of the store's volume.

Commission, commission, commission!

Fun, busy, and competitive

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Guess? part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really loved all our clothing. The music, energy, and atmosphere is refreshing. Discounts were always a plus, 40% off always, 50% off employee bonus days, and 20% off sales items. My coworkers for the most part had great energy and sense of style that was contagious. At the store I worked at specifically, we encountered plenty of tourists from all around the world..this kept work interesting and fun interacting with all different cultures and language. Great in promoting and noticing hard work when it is being done.

Cons

I know the discount might sound great, but with how much they push "looking the part" I wish that it was even better. The dress code was strict at my store, as far as wearing heels. The old manager did not mind us changing into our flats within a couple hours, but our new store manager really pushes us to always wear heels, which is the cause of really sore feet. Imagine running around for customers for 5 to 8 hour shifts in heels, it's a pain, literally. Now that we just switched to commission, of course there is tendency for "customer stealing" whether on purpose or accident, either or, it causes uncomfortable tension. Because of this, it'll make you a more aggressive person.

Keep praising the good work, it is great motivation for the team. Please be considerate of our feet, the less they hurt, the better we can be for our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?