There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

Easy work but too much pressure to sell.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Guess? part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and managment are really nice. Discount.

Cons

Must wear heels like every day. Work like your making commission when you aren't. No Great benefits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun, busy, and competitive

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Guess? part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really loved all our clothing. The music, energy, and atmosphere is refreshing. Discounts were always a plus, 40% off always, 50% off employee bonus days, and 20% off sales items. My coworkers for the most part had great energy and sense of style that was contagious. At the store I worked at specifically, we encountered plenty of tourists from all around the world..this kept work interesting and fun interacting with all different cultures and language. Great in promoting and noticing hard work when it is being done.

Cons

I know the discount might sound great, but with how much they push "looking the part" I wish that it was even better. The dress code was strict at my store, as far as wearing heels. The old manager did not mind us changing into our flats within a couple hours, but our new store manager really pushes us to always wear heels, which is the cause of really sore feet. Imagine running around for customers for 5 to 8 hour shifts in heels, it's a pain, literally. Now that we just switched to commission, of course there is tendency for "customer stealing" whether on purpose or accident, either or, it causes uncomfortable tension. Because of this, it'll make you a more aggressive person.

Advice to Management

Keep praising the good work, it is great motivation for the team. Please be considerate of our feet, the less they hurt, the better we can be for our customers.

2. It's what you make of it.

Former Employee - Co-Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Guess? full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provided great experience and a fun team environment.

Cons

It's all about who you know or a matter of what positions are open regarding promotions. I had several managers who weren't respectable, and couldn't develop me further.