There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

Easy work but too much pressure to sell.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers and managment are really nice.
Discount.

Cons

Must wear heels like every day.
Work like your making commission when you aren't.
No Great benefits.

307 Other Employee Reviews for Guess? (View Most Recent)

Decent

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale.
    Somewhat frequent 50% discount weekends off of everything.
    Management makes you feel good about selling a lot.
    Good one on one on floor training.
    Great practice on selling techniques every day-- fun to gauge your customer and apply social methods you know work based on their reactions to you. (Not specifically for guess- but any retail environment)

Cons

Sales goals yet no commission.
    Hard to get your days off, management makes you feel bad for switching shifts etc.
    Lots of "back room" chatter from other employees if you start to make good sales-- however I think that is for any retail environment.
    MANDATORY TO WEAR HIGH HEELS. By the time I left it wasn't just for weekend workers either, girls HAD to wear high heels for five hours at a time with only ONE FIFTEEN minute break. Because of this, my feet are not as pretty as they once were... I had never seen callouses on my toes like that... On the weekends after closing, I would get to my car and have to massage my feet for a 20 minutes because I was in so much pain. In my opinion, the dress code is not worth the slightly over minimum wage I was getting paid without any commission.

Relax your environment-- I think management pressures sales so much that customers get bothered and leave the store without anything. Give employes more benefits-- like gift cards or a shopping incentive.

Run the floor

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If your competitive your gonna enjoy it of course that's not the case if your not one of the choosen commission stores. Great discount 40% off regularly and 50% sometimes. If your a guy which there aren't many of your gonna enjoy that as well , hopefully beautiful co-workers and customers as well.
    As long as you sell like fire ( I'm talking top sph-sales per hour) your not goin nowhere bragging rights come with it as well. Great opportunity for advancement you can become a manager quickly if you show youve got what it takes , no degrees needed here just a sharp sense of fashion and an aggressive attitude.

Cons

Don't let management play mind games you acting as if you sellinglre money is gonna somehow have a majestically impact on the company and makes you more important. DON'T LET THEM PIT YOU AGAINST YOUR CO-WORKERS. It can get very competitive when people dart arguing over who's sale it is. The length of the shifts are bleh and gettin sent home if the store is not doing well enough for the day sucks as well. Management has a huge impact on how you perceive working there. It can get to the point where you feel more competent than your managers can get frustrating at times..

Be more appreciative with employees at times as their the ones doing the actual work making the company money with their aggressive selling attitude

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?