Guess?

www.guess.com
  www.guess.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

If you hate your life, this is the company for you.

Former Employee - Allocator in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Allocator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess? full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are none at all

Cons

Upper management talks down on you. You feel like you are in prison. No one values intelligence, just looks.

324 Other Employee Reviews for Guess? (View Most Recent)

Decent

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Guess? part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale.
    Somewhat frequent 50% discount weekends off of everything.
    Management makes you feel good about selling a lot.
    Good one on one on floor training.
    Great practice on selling techniques every day-- fun to gauge your customer and apply social methods you know work based on their reactions to you. (Not specifically for guess- but any retail environment)

Cons

Sales goals yet no commission.
    Hard to get your days off, management makes you feel bad for switching shifts etc.
    Lots of "back room" chatter from other employees if you start to make good sales-- however I think that is for any retail environment.
    MANDATORY TO WEAR HIGH HEELS. By the time I left it wasn't just for weekend workers either, girls HAD to wear high heels for five hours at a time with only ONE FIFTEEN minute break. Because of this, my feet are not as pretty as they once were... I had never seen callouses on my toes like that... On the weekends after closing, I would get to my car and have to massage my feet for a 20 minutes because I was in so much pain. In my opinion, the dress code is not worth the slightly over minimum wage I was getting paid without any commission.

Relax your environment-- I think management pressures sales so much that customers get bothered and leave the store without anything. Give employes more benefits-- like gift cards or a shopping incentive.

Content

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Guess? full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family environment with a lot of responsibility passed to those with an eagerness to learn. World travel and exposure to all areas or the business allows for constant learning.

Cons

With massive access to all aspects the job description can be too broad and upper management unable to support on all levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?