Guess by Marciano

Former Employee - Sale Associate  in  Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Sale Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Guess? part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent discount on clothes i guess.

Cons

Everything else! You have to wear their clothes everyday, so pretty much you are working to buy their clothes. Many times they had me in the back by myself in my 120+ Marciano dresses and heels, steaming garments. Like really i had to spend money to wear clothes to come here then you stick me in the back all day. NO!

Employees should not be forced to wear Marciano everyday! And dont be so pushy towards your employees to sell, i can sell alot better when your not pushing me into peoples dressing rooms to sell sell sell!!

Other Reviews for Guess?

Great experience! so far.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Guess? part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The amazing feeling of surpassing your daily SPH goals
    -40-50% off all products
    -A great learning experience that will open the way to many paths.
    -awesome management

Cons

-little pay, and some stores seem to give little to no hours. I was getting 9 hours a week on average and I was the best seller at my store. (luckily I got transferred and I am now getting more hours)
    -Sometimes tasks given seem impossible, although I realize it is to push us to our limits and improve us.

-have evaluation pamphlets to give out to your employees to answer anonymously about management so that upper management can have a good sense of what is going on.
    -Notice excellence immediately in your workers and let the employees thrive and raise their moral. That way people will come into work happy and excited to sell. by giving them raises and promotions, greater outcome will follow. Such as meeting monthly goals.

would have still worked there if i had not found out coworkers with less responsabilities had better pay

I worked at Guess? full-time

Pros

good environment if management team is knowlegeale and capable of recruiting, training and guiding staff in sales and meeting store standards
    fun, fast paced environment

Cons

the most important variable in this store are your selling capabilities, so if your not willing to work for high sales per hour then retail of higher end stores is not for you.

hire people with experience, it was a real dissapointment to know more than assitant managers who were hired just to fill in positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?.

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!