There are newer employer reviews for Guggenheim Partners

Entrepreurial, hard-working, and very smart people - constant challenges and growth.

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Guggenheim Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly have never been more challenged, or learned more, than in my first few years at Guggenheim. After graduating business school I was looking to leave a big financial services firm in search of a less bureaucratic world where I could actually have ideas and see them through. I found this in spades at Guggenheim. I feel like I work among some of the smartest, hardest-working people in the industry. Since it's privately-owned, with 50% employee ownership, there is a deep sense of stewardship and an extra motivation. The compensation system rewards top performers very fairly - the difference is, at Guggenheim, top performers have the ability to reach their potential - unlike the big behemoth financial services firms.

Cons

If you can't roll-up your sleeves and think harder than ever before, this isn't a good fit for you. A non-bureaucratic environment with lots of activity means you have to take initiative and not wait for people to tell you specifically what to do. It's dynamic, which can cause some people problems. The organization is adapting well to rapid growth, but its not the traditional, big bank environment, that's for sure.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the culture of the firm and in your employee's. Communication is key.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Generally positive. Like all fast growing companies, it's experiencing growing pains

I worked at Guggenheim Partners full-time

Pros

Very entrepreneurial environment and very talented investment professionals. Fast growth and many opportunities to make a name for yourself

Cons

growing pains as are expected with a fast moving company but disorganization has not been addressed. Work/Life balance is very poor as taking vacation is looked down upon which creates tension.

Advice to Management

Work on organization, create a more teamwork oriented and management supportive work environment. Improve work/life balance

Sales

I worked at Guggenheim Partners

Pros

Good funds, will e huge one day

Cons

Stretching themselves outside their core competency - managing money. Buying a baseball team and media outlets..,,raises it's profile.....but it treats employee as replaceable widgets.

Advice to Management

None.....they don 't care .....making huge sums of money, despite workplace issues. Great name. Great figure heads at the top. Core is rotten