Guidance Software
www.guidancesoftware.com Pasadena, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Wouldn't recommend it.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Guidance Software

ProsAccess to some expensive software that no smaller company would have access to. If you like travel, it can be pretty cool. Potential for interesting work.

ConsMiddle management varies in competence and caring greatly depending on the location. You are forced to use the aforementioned expensive software even if it isn't the correct tool for the job. You get no outside training, and until recently, most of the internal training is actually on the job only. You have to fight for any perks tooth and nail. Moral is abysmal, and dropping. Expect to be deployed until you drop, quit, or are fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't say upper management is incompetent, because it requires skill to loose that many people that quickly. To say that technical people should be motivated solely by money is just stupid. As you are slowly learning, you can NOT just fill forensic and ediscovery jobs with college grads, no matter how hard you try.
Finally, you may want to start looking hard at the sustainability of the "good" numbers being shown to you. What does it matter if your utilization is near 100%, if all your clients leave and sue you for messing up so badly?

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Guidance Software full-time

Pros: work life balance. great talents, supportive management Cons: resistance of change. benefit could be better. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's become "just a job"

Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Guidance Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pays well (although this is changing with recent job cuts and firings).… Cons: Micro-management Lack of direction Lack of communication Its become a vindictive environment (regarding upper management) Company feels as though… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest with the employees and treat them as adults. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Guidance Software.

Worked for Guidance Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guidance Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guidance Software CEO Victor Limongelli. All reviews posted anonymously by Guidance Software employees.