Guidance Software

www.guidancesoftware.com

Wouldn't recommend it.

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsAccess to some expensive software that no smaller company would have access to. If you like travel, it can be pretty cool. Potential for interesting work.

ConsMiddle management varies in competence and caring greatly depending on the location. You are forced to use the aforementioned expensive software even if it isn't the correct tool for the job. You get no outside training, and until recently, most of the internal training is actually on the job only. You have to fight for any perks tooth and nail. Moral is abysmal, and dropping. Expect to be deployed until you drop, quit, or are fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't say upper management is incompetent, because it requires skill to loose that many people that quickly. To say that technical people should be motivated solely by money is just stupid. As you are slowly learning, you can NOT just fill forensic and ediscovery jobs with college grads, no matter how hard you try.
Finally, you may want to start looking hard at the sustainability of the "good" numbers being shown to you. What does it matter if your utilization is near 100%, if all your clients leave and sue you for messing up so badly?

Company culture is changing - not so many disgruntled folks who bash after they leave

RD Development (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Guidance Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work with technology and products that actually make a difference in the world. Head down to the Training room on the 3rd floor of HQ… Cons: We're going through growing pains. Much of middle management, much maligned in other reviews, is gone. "groupthink"… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on alignment of organizations outside of R&D with what the products are meant to do. Loyalty is for canines. Sentimentality is for your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun technology, good compensation, dictatorship at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

I worked at Guidance Software full-time

Pros: Good people can be found with real skills. Compensation appears to… Cons: No accountability whatsoever. Every key decision is made at the top… Advice to Senior Management: You're not always right. Learn to listen to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Guidance Software.

Worked for Guidance Software? Contribute to the Community!