There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

Rocketship of growth

Current Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1.) Company is growing rapidly and as a result many opportunites to advance your career exist.
2.) Experienced management team - CEO is a 2x entrepreneur focused on building a great company.
3.) Right place, right time - founders bootstrapped during a tough economy but made it through, pivoted and eventually achieved a product-business fit.
4.) Business model is on steep trajectory with broad adoption across industries.
5.) True meritocracy - if you come in and work hard every day good things happen.
6.) Fun culture - I came from a large company and the culture here is top notch.
7.) Amazing board and advisors - experienced, successful, and prudent.
8.) Customers rave about the service - I've never seen anything quite like it.

Cons

1.) The company is "growing up" very rapidly, so certain processes are changing on the fly while others are still being developed.
2.) Extremely selective for new candidates. Not necessarily a con but focused on acquiring only the top echelon of talent.
3.) No 401(k) match just yet.
4.) No defined equity purchase plan just yet.
5.) No business reimbursement of phone or corporate credit card.

Excited to see where we will be in the next 3 - 5 years. Keep the level of accountability and bar for success as high as possible.

reviews filtered by

GuideSpark is changing the way people use video in the corporation and I'm so glad to be part of it.

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked for a lot of start-ups and it feels great to work on something that non only is going to be around tomorrow, but really will be used by thousands of employees at some well-known companies. It's not fun building someone very few people see. And I can say now that some of my friends have seen my work at other companies. How cool is that! The people are team oriented, results oriented and fun oriented. We work hard and work well together. I feel like I am really part of something.

Cons

Getting lot's of videos produced for customers of different shapes and sizes certainly stretches your ability to multitask and deliver on multiple fronts. I always chalk this up to expansive growth but it can be hard work making each customer successful. Given our renewal rate, not sure this is a Con.

Stay connected not matter how big we get!

One in a million

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are companies people can't stand to work at, there are companies people tolerate for a paycheck, and then (rarely) there are companies that have a positive energy that you just feel when you walk through the front door. GuideSpark falls in that last bucket. It's a magical combination - great product, intelligent leadership and a unique culture that just buzzes. It's the type of place that all startups aspire to when they say "let's build a great culture" - and then force their employees to work long hours and over weekends and holidays for below market wages...The reality is it's easy to say let's build a great culture, and difficult to pull off. Respect is given to each individual's personal and family life, while still maintaining aggressive growth goals.

Cons

Tough commute from San Francisco - but worth it. No ping pong table. No chocolate fountain.

Keep doing what you're doing. Invest in an SF office and you'll open up a new talent pool of candidates.

There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark