There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

Outstanding leadership and opportunity!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding Leadership (upper management), I love my Boss, Company Culture

Cons

Onboarding/Training can improve, Salary can improve

16 Other Employee Reviews for GuideSpark (View Most Recent)

The Holy Grail of Startups

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

By far the best place I've ever worked, and I have had some great jobs. Although, having worked at previous startups, I was hesitant to join another. While I enjoy the energy and innovation that you often find within startup teams, I realized that the lack of experienced leadership was too often a detriment to the growth of the company and my personal career path. As soon as I spent time with the leadership at GuideSpark, I immediately knew that was not the case here. They are all A+ Players, and possess a wealth of knowledge and experience between them that is unparalleled amongst startups. I've learned more about how to approach problems, learn from challenges, build a team, and be a great leader in the 6 months that I've worked at GuideSpark, than in 15 years of my career combined.

The pros go beyond great leadership. One of the highest priorities for the company is building a great culture, and that effort really shines through in the team and work environment. The result is a team of innovators that are encouraged to share ideas, and under just the right amount of guidance and leadership, the ability to take ownership of their work. There is also great opportunity for growth within roles as the company grows (at a very fast pace!).

To top it off, the product that GuideSpark offers is amazing. Customers love it, prospects love it. People in the HR industry explain that we provide the type of solution that the industry has really been missing. It's great to help build a product that is so well-received, and really solving a huge problem for employers and employees.

Cons

The only con for me is the commute from SF. But it has been well worth it, and I take a shuttle (RidePal), complete with Wi-Fi. So not all that bad.

Never change your interview process. It's lengthy, but seems to be the key to building such a great team! Keep taking the time to share wins with the team, and to provide education on the growth of the company. Especially by bringing in guest speakers that talk about GuideSpark in comparison to their own experiences - these opportunities are invaluable for the team!

One in a million

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are companies people can't stand to work at, there are companies people tolerate for a paycheck, and then (rarely) there are companies that have a positive energy that you just feel when you walk through the front door. GuideSpark falls in that last bucket. It's a magical combination - great product, intelligent leadership and a unique culture that just buzzes. It's the type of place that all startups aspire to when they say "let's build a great culture" - and then force their employees to work long hours and over weekends and holidays for below market wages...The reality is it's easy to say let's build a great culture, and difficult to pull off. Respect is given to each individual's personal and family life, while still maintaining aggressive growth goals.

Cons

Tough commute from San Francisco - but worth it. No ping pong table. No chocolate fountain.

Keep doing what you're doing. Invest in an SF office and you'll open up a new talent pool of candidates.

There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

Worked for GuideSpark? Contribute to the Community!