There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

GuideSpark is incredibly special.

Current Employee - G&A  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - G&A in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Symbolized through an open office, GuideSpark's management strives for an open atmosphere, where honesty and open communication are key.
- GuideSpark celebrates it's employees. While our customers are our number one priority, our employees come in as a close second. I hear our CEO and management talk openly about company culture. I hear: "How do we continue to build an amazing team? How do we reduce pain points for our employees? How to we help our employees grow in their professional lives as GuideSpark grows?"
- My boss puts time and thought into how to help me grow in my profession. Every few months, I am asked: "Do you like your job? Are you happy here?" and I am expected to be honest in my answer. We have periodic conversations around what I want to do within the department, and we create action items to help me get there.
- GuideSpark employees have a lot of fun. We get together as a company for randomly-timed push-up & plank breaks. When we are in a slam and needed to go beyond to get the work done, GuideSpark will bring in lunch and dinner to support us through it.
- GuideSpark has pulled off cultivating an atmosphere that is both supportive and competitive. Our weekly wins meeting shares our successes, and it really fosters pride in our company and the drive to be a contributing force to it. We want to reach our goals because we know our personal and company-wide success is celebrated and appreciated.

Cons

- With our sudden growth, we are getting a little cramped in our current office space. This means that it can get a little loud.
- Not close to any public transportation; although there is plenty of free parking.
- When we do need to hire, the process is very slow.

Keep it up! I love the support, opportunity, and positive atmosphere here - you guys are great.

17 Other Employee Reviews for GuideSpark (View Most Recent)

Outstanding leadership and opportunity!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding Leadership (upper management), I love my Boss, Company Culture

Cons

Onboarding/Training can improve, Salary can improve

The Holy Grail of Startups

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

By far the best place I've ever worked, and I have had some great jobs. Although, having worked at previous startups, I was hesitant to join another. While I enjoy the energy and innovation that you often find within startup teams, I realized that the lack of experienced leadership was too often a detriment to the growth of the company and my personal career path. As soon as I spent time with the leadership at GuideSpark, I immediately knew that was not the case here. They are all A+ Players, and possess a wealth of knowledge and experience between them that is unparalleled amongst startups. I've learned more about how to approach problems, learn from challenges, build a team, and be a great leader in the 6 months that I've worked at GuideSpark, than in 15 years of my career combined.

The pros go beyond great leadership. One of the highest priorities for the company is building a great culture, and that effort really shines through in the team and work environment. The result is a team of innovators that are encouraged to share ideas, and under just the right amount of guidance and leadership, the ability to take ownership of their work. There is also great opportunity for growth within roles as the company grows (at a very fast pace!).

To top it off, the product that GuideSpark offers is amazing. Customers love it, prospects love it. People in the HR industry explain that we provide the type of solution that the industry has really been missing. It's great to help build a product that is so well-received, and really solving a huge problem for employers and employees.

Cons

The only con for me is the commute from SF. But it has been well worth it, and I take a shuttle (RidePal), complete with Wi-Fi. So not all that bad.

Never change your interview process. It's lengthy, but seems to be the key to building such a great team! Keep taking the time to share wins with the team, and to provide education on the growth of the company. Especially by bringing in guest speakers that talk about GuideSpark in comparison to their own experiences - these opportunities are invaluable for the team!

There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

Worked for GuideSpark? Contribute to the Community!