There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

Don't get caught up in "we've always done it this way"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Menlo Park, CA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark as a contractor

Pros

Everyone they bring on is friendly. Most are knowledgeable about their field prior to employment (on the sales side). Interviewing process is very thorough. They want to make sure your'e a good fit before they offer you a position. Time off policy is pretty straight forward. You'll mostly get any time off approved. They do have blackout dates where they say not to request time off. It is during the fall when most of the work comes in. Business model is solid Collaborative environment Opportunities for growth in the software team. They have a great leader who assigns tasks to help his programmers learn, grow as well as benefit the company. Growing quickly Like many other businesses in the Bay area it has a stocked break room. Sparkling water, coffee, espresso, bananas and various other snacks for free. As long as you are getting your work completed and effectively communicating, your managers will not be on your back. Going with the above, you are free to take breaks whenever you please. They provide you with a laptop. Provide a product that helps employees at other companies understand their benefits Have finally implemented a commuter reimbursement program

Cons

Although thorough. Like someone said previously, the hiring process is very slow. It takes a while to even hire someone for contract work. No matching 401(k) which essentially makes it worthless You are offered equity, vesting 25% after the first year. They dont tell you how much those shares are worth and have not provided a valuation that I'm aware of since company is still pre-IPO. No immediate plans for IPO No business reimbursement of phone or corporate credit card (stated before) Do not provide you with a budget for a decent chair or an anti-fatigue standing desk mat (if they do they could at least tell their employees) Laptops are fine for clerical, sales and the rest of the office. The Programmers, Web Devs and Designers should have more powerful desktop computers. They're digging themselves in a hole with their software and hardware capabilities. Instead of reinventing the wheel they need to embrace current technologies and not be scared to venture out to improve their product. If they don't get past that hurdle their competition will leave them in the dust by doing things faster and higher quality. Salary could be better

Advice to Management

Dont lose talent because of salary. You get what you pay for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Always fun

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

Company has a very strong corporate culture which encourages cross pollination and helps to build a strong product for its customers. Everyone in the company is very committed to ensuring that the guidespark's clients are satisfied.

Cons

The space is getting a little tight sometimes a lot of the corporate 'stuff' could be cut out in place of more work time.

Welcoming, hardworking, family-like, and growing efficiently..

Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are your own boss (sort of). Everyone has their goals, their requirements, and expectations, and they exceed them daily. There is a constant buzz in our sales pit of people reaching success, and if they are not, they are figuring out what they need to do to achieve their goals. The management is solid- they are experienced and they know when to push and when to let you do what you need to do. Overall, I feel like we are one big team, one big family, all working towards one common goal. As for the company itself, we are continuing to grow and accomplish great things. Take one look at our client list and it is obvious we are creating a really special solution.

Cons

As some others have said- an SF office or extension of an office would be a benefit to those commuting down from the city. But all in all, the HQ is not a bad place.

Advice to Management

Push people out late at night- we all work hard- but at some point you have to go home. A lot can be accomplished in a 8-9 hour workday.