Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Guidebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - Everyone is smart and hard-working There is plenty of visibility They give everyone a lot of responsibility (especially since we were growing so quickly) They give raises/promotions based on contributions to the company. I received a raise after only 8 months, and even heard stories about people getting two raises in a one-year span. This kept me motivated Management cares about employee happiness. It's part of the culture, and they take it seriously

Cons

The only reason I left Guidebook was to pursue my master's degree, and I may very will return to Guidebook after school.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Guidebook

Great culture, vast opportunity, really engaging work

Current Employee - UK Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - UK Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Guidebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- opportunity here is amazing, the product is something you can really get behind and the market is still developing - office culture is unlike anywhere else I've worked, team are supportive of everything and work really well together - encouraged to be innovative and have ownership of projects - this is really empowering as an employee and you feel directly responsible and involved with team success - perks!

Cons

- its not easy, the team is small and you really have to roll your sleeves up and get involved, so if this isn't your style of working then you wouldn't enjoy it - the market is new and developing, people have had bad experiences of apps in the past and we're working to change this

Advice to Management

keep it going! office culture is so important, so keep hiring more of the same!

Guidebook is revolutionising the way people connect with places

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Guidebook full-time

Pros

Guidebook is a family, that picks and chooses its people very carefully in order to maintain its very special culture of work smart, work hard and play just as smart and hard. The net result is an amazing workplace. The product (front and back end) is truly outstanding, and scaling beautifully globally. Just opened in London, and rest of Europe is coming online soon to add to the phenomenal US growth. It feels very much like we are only at the start of revolutionising the way people connect with places. This boat is only just about to set sail. The open management culture fits perfectly with intelligent and driven people that want to make a difference, and have the freedom to express themselves, in order to achieve outstanding results. Company culture & values and the product sets Guidebook apart in a very big way amongst Silicon Valley and global tech companies and start-ups.

Cons

Revolutionising anything is not easy. It requires hard work, dedication, team work and the confidence to go out on a limb from time-to-time and be openly accountable. Sometimes this means sacrificing standard working hours and going the extra mile - all in a days work for a revolutionary. But not everyone has what it takes.

Advice to Management

More of the same!