Guidebook

www.guidebook.com

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Great people - Everyone is smart and hard-working
There is plenty of visibility
They give everyone a lot of responsibility (especially since we were growing so quickly)
They give raises/promotions based on contributions to the company. I received a raise after only 8 months, and even heard stories about people getting two raises in a one-year span. This kept me motivated
Management cares about employee happiness. It's part of the culture, and they take it seriously

Cons

The only reason I left Guidebook was to pursue my master's degree, and I may very will return to Guidebook after school.

Keep up the good work!

Other reviews for Guidebook

Guidebok is revolutionizing how people connect with places

Current Employee - Sales  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

Pros

Guidebook is a family, that picks and chooses its people very carefully in order to maintain its very special culture of work smart, work hard and play just as smart and hard. The net result is an amazing workplace.

The product (front and back end) is truly outstanding, and scaling beautifully globally. Just opened in London, and rest of Europe is coming online soon to add to the phenomenal US growth. It feels very much like we are only at the start of revolutionizing the way people connect with places. This boat is only just about to set sail.

The open management culture fits perfectly with intelligent and driven people that want to make a difference, and have the freedom to express themselves, in order to achieve outstanding results.

Company culture & values and the product sets Guidebook apart in a very big way amongst Silicon Valley and global tech companies and start-ups.

Cons

Revolutionizing anything is not easy. It requires hard work, dedication, team work and the confidence to go out on a limb from time-to-time and be openly accountable. Sometimes this means sacrificing standard working hours and going the extra mile - all in a days work for a revolutionary. But not everyone has what it takes.

More of the same please!

Startup Life

Pros

If you want to work hard. This is the place to be. I like my coworkers...have you been at a company where you actually like your coworkers? It's a rare phenomenon.

Cons

It's a job. Sometimes it's stressful.

I don't think I actually have any valid advice. Running a startup seems like an impossible task and there's a plethora of self-contradictory useless advice I can fill this space with.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidebook.

Worked for Guidebook? Contribute to the Community!