There are newer employer reviews for Guidebook

Great company and talented people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Guidebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for Guidebook for almost 3 years before moving out of the Bay Area so my spouse and I could be closer to our families. In the last 6 months, as Guidebook has experienced more success, they've done a great job adding more benefits (e.g. 401k, better healthcare plans, catered lunched, amazing drinks/snacks, company outings). They've also corrected a lot of the pay issues that a lot of startups suffer from when first getting off the ground. By the time I left my job, I believe I was paid above market rate. The company has a strong culture and managers encourage their team members to continue to develop their skills. Also, now that the company is larger (65 employees at the time I am writing this review), work life balance is much better.

Cons

Though the culture is strong, I think it should be officially spelled out. Also, Guidebook hires a lot of people with 0-2 years of work experience. I think Guidebook would benefit from bringing in a few managers with more experience (say 5-10 years).

Keep up the good work -- almost everyone I knew at Guidebook was incredibly happy, so try not to change too much as the company continues to grow!

14 Other Employee Reviews for Guidebook (View Most Recent)

Perfect work environment, fantastic team

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Guidebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, very solid leadership, many growth opportunities, and the ability to directly influence company growth are just a few reasons I love working at Guidebook. Since starting here, I've met people from all walks of life united by their passion of helping people; while everybody here works very hard, each employee knows how to have some fun, too. The work-environment is very "friendly professionalism", and I think it contributes to a much happier and productive company.

Cons

Sometimes, important ideas are not conveyed nor discussed adequately between departments. This is on the up and up, but communication can always use improvement. I also feel like the compensation does not always match the work/productivity of the employees.

Continue to promote feedback on the company, and keep highlighting the growth opportunities afforded through hard work and through initiative-taking. Reward those who are contributing the most to bolster stronger work ethics!

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Guidebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very large group of the smartest people I know. At previous jobs I was surprised at how dumb people could be and Guidebook is the antithesis of that. It's crazy how great everyone is at their job and so eager to help out others at the drop of a hat. Senior management is great and wants to know about issues with your job. I came to them about dissatisfaction with pay and the were able to resolve it. I would have liked it to be more proactive on their part but they came through. If you just complain to your coworkers your not helping yourself or the company morale (I do understand it can be difficult to just approach senior management but they aren't stand offish). They really do care about people here and want people to be successful.

The work/life balance can be tough because people are so passionate about their work. A lot is asked but people take days off whenever and no questions are asked. Take time if you need it and work hard, everybody wins. I love the flexibility to take a 3 day weekend whenever I want. Some people have even taken 3 week vacations, as long as you work hard and produce, nobody cares.

Awesome VP of Sales that makes me better at my job and enjoy work. Pushes you to work hard but never micro-manages. He really gets in the trenches with you to drive deals.

Cons

I know the pay was an issue for people and I feel like Guidebook is stepping to the plate on that. Being part of a company with minimal investment makes it tough to pay people outrageous amounts of money. Guidebook is very smart with it's money and that will allow everyone to reap the rewards come IPO/selling time. But I agree with the stinginess on pay and was unhappy with compensation until a few months ago.

I would say there aren't any cons now.

You guys are amazing and keep taking is to great places! Very excited to continue my career at Guidebook.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidebook

Worked for Guidebook? Contribute to the Community!