There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Happy work makes forget the radiation

Current Employee - Technical Demonstration Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)
Current Employee - Technical Demonstration Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

It is one of the very few real US style IT company in Japan.
I have the new platform to upgrade myself and end up the slow decision and endless vain overwork.

Cons

It should not be regarded as cons.
But the long time Japan style work really makes me hard to live a competent life here

Need more team play and more improvement chance

303 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

What You See is What You Get

Current Employee - Professional Services
    Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

- Allowed to do what I am best at and to discuss alternatives to working on things that I am less skilled at doing
    - Strong career prospects in the industry, consulting, and at Guidewire
    - Never fail to admire the senior managers for their fairness, their competence, and hard work - I can count on them to do the right thing (even small things that I wasn't expecting)
    - I believe in what we do and what we offer is a fair and hardy product for the industry we serve; since we don't try to be everything to everyone, we achieve what we set out to do

Cons

- There aren't enough hours in the day to get done what need to get done, globally
    - Sometimes it feels like there is zero margin for error but there aren't a lot of mulligans for performance...

The managers are outstanding in Professional Services so not so much. We get a lot of recognition for a good job. It is just very hard to be a true, small, multinational company when you cover 7 time zones...

Best company I ever worked for - Always focused on customer success

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Guidewire has a very specific mission which benefits both our customers and our own company goals. That is to maintain a 100% referenceable customer base. The company will do what it takes to always make this happen. This consistent goal has always been and will always be with Guidewire. Clarity of goal and ability to keep our promises allows for a very satisfying feeling about our contributions.

People are also recognized for thier contributions. It is amazing how many people rally towards our mission of customer success.

Cons

As the company grows it is more difficult to maintain our culture. Accounting rules restrict the level of information that can be shared. At times people get confused as to what is actually an accounting rule which restricts sharing and what might be an individuals desire to share less. This problem is natural for companies that continue to grow and achieve success.

Always remember that Guidewire achieved success through maintaining an open community of employees that clearly understand the mission and what it takes to be successful. Don't let the company success and ambitions take away from the community.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire