Guidewire
www.guidewire.com Foster City, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

One of the best development organizations in the valley, but I can no longer recommend it for non-devs.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

ProsI'm a long term software engineer at Guidewire, and have never worked at any place with nearly this many brilliant people, and even more importantly, with this few jerks and egotists. Great culture, incredible test environment, HUGE flexibility with workstyle and time off, REALISTIC deadlines -- no deathmarches at release time.

Also, in terms of the company, they take the customer focus and "integrity" of the company values very seriously. They rarely overpromise, and they will do what it takes to make things right when something goes wrong.

ConsDevelopment: The ONLY negative thing I can say about the development organization itself after years here is that insurance is an inherently dull subject, although technical management has done a good job of trying to keep the focus on quality and process and being interesting -- there's a good division of work so that you can focus on what parts work for you, and you don't get say, sucked into financials or the minutia of insurance if you're not so inclined.

Company as a whole:
* benefits are so-so by Silicon valley standards. Not bad, but nothing special, and they have improved over the years.
* compensation increases for longer-tenure employees are terrible both inside and outside dev. New dev employee compensation is at the low end of market, so this doesn't effect new hires until they've been here for a while.
* outside of development, there has been a lot of growth, and things feel a very great deal more political and "corporate" than when I started. I wouldn't say "don't come work here" to someone outside of dev, but whereas this is still a genuinely special place in dev, outside of dev, it's just a pretty good company among many.

Continuous challenge, entertainment and opportunity, its a great place to work.

Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros: Guidewire has challenged me to grow and develop both professionally and personally. The people are incredibly smart and innovative and… Cons: Still a small company, missing some of the perks of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Respect, challenge, fun: that's the summary of Guidewire

San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros: First and foremost, we put out great products. Our products run businesses, and our Claims systems are critical in helping people in times of crisis.… Cons: Because decision-making is bottom up, we spend a lot of time in emails and meetings doing communication, aligning different teams… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out better ways to get new people to understand the chaos,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!

Guidewire – Why Work for Us?

Join the Guidewire Team! Thanks for your interest! We're pleased that you're thinking of investing your time and energy with us. At Guidewire, a combination of humane working conditions, an excellent market opportunity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guidewire reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guidewire CEO Marcus Ryu. All reviews posted anonymously by Guidewire employees.