Great People, Fantastic Culture, Still Growing and Improving

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Really smart people. - Realistic scope means no crunch, great work/life balance. - Teams always work to improve process, make developing easier. - Huge focus on quality over quantity.

Cons

- Saying you work on Insurance Software isn't that sexy. - Salaries and benefits a bit under bay area tech average.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Internships at Guidewire are great!

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Foster City, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was extremely friendly to all of the interns, and all other new employees. I immediately felt comfortable talking to anyone, no matter what their job title or position was. The project I was givin was challenging enough to be interesting, but not overwhelming. The intern supervisor also emphasized that we should enjoy our time there and not worry too much about completing our project if it would take too much. The office is also nice and has lots of food and drinks around. Interns were also given chances to meet various managers and executives for lunch, and ask them questions about anything.

Cons

Sometimes policies, such as timesheets, were a bit confusing, but it was a slight distraction not a big problem.

2. Great first intern experience working at a modern software company.

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Mateo, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very intelligent group of people working at Guidewire, strong adherence to agile development practices, everyone is willing to help out in any way possible. As this was my first intern experience working at a software company, I did not know what to expect. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised at how modern software companies run today. The atmosphere and environment at Guidewire are what make working there truly an enjoyable experience.

Cons

The insurance realm is not particularly interesting (but working on the software can be somewhat more removed, making it more interesting)