There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Great people, challenging work, low stress; a combination I didn't think possible.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Within 6 weeks of hearing about Guidewire for the first time, I was boarding a plane to California for 3 weeks training, all expenses paid. I knew I was on to something good then and in the year I've been here, things have only gotten better.

We produce high quality products that beat the competition. The focus is on quality and that is reinforced in our recruitment and training.

Plenty of responsibility and options for career growth as our offices are growing quickly.

The management is largely promoted from within and come from technical backgrounds. Not only can I speak my opinions openly to them but they also have in depth knowledge of our products, communication is effortless.

It's the little things: We have a foosball table, nerf guns and the presses and fridges are packed with all types of snacks, drinks and good coffee!

The company's core values are Integrity, Rationality and Collegiality, this pretty much sums up Guidewire.

Cons

Base salary was on the lower end but was made up for in share options.

I can no longer talk about work with my mates, they tend to turn green with envy.

Keep up the great work!
Though we need more people than we can get our hands on, our priority must remain on getting high quality recruits, it's what makes it a great place to work, don't let the bar slip!

305 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Software engineero

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance here

Cons

Low stock compensation given to employees

Great company to work for if you enjoy working hard and winning!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Smart people that continually raise the bar and challenge you to raise it as well
    -Great products that are winning over the industry
    -Great culture and values that serve customers well
    -Promotion from within (for the time being)
    -At the end of the day, Guidewire will do the right thing.

Cons

-As the company has grown there seems to be more passengers and less pilots. As with all companies, it will be a challenge to limit the passengers, turn them into pilots or get them to deplane.
    -Work/life balance is difficult to maintain in the field and on the road, but the growth and success of the company makes it worthwhile for the time being.
    -Hyper-growth is starting to occur which places less experienced people in management positions

-Keep up the great work!
    -Limit the passengers!
    -Maintain promotion from within for management. Once you lose this, you will become like every other consulting company that is trying to sell services! If I were climbing a mountain, I would never hire a guide who has less experience than me nor would I want to follow one.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire