Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Best place to learn what a

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of the few companies that really seems to be able to live its values; does not have mantras simply for good PR. From top to bottom the employees sincerely prize each other and believe that customer success is the number one priority. The internship gave me a lot of professional development while still allowing me to contribute a substantial amount of work, so that I really was a part of the team member during my stay.

Cons

Finding local housing and transportation were easily the two biggest challenges to someone not from Foster City. Otherwise, the no complaints about how the internship itself was conducted.

327 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with smart people, making smart decisions.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- You'll work with smart motivated people, with an extremely low amount of politics. Customer success is the overall focus, and you can see that from the top down, in all of the groups.
    - Guidewire's plan is to hire good people and keep them, so if you want a new role in the organization, doors will typically open for you.

Cons

It's not sexy. Your friends probably won't have heard about the company, and working on insurance industry software doesn't make for a fascinating elevator conversation.

Hire faster. We have too much to do for the resources we have.

Excellence rolled up in simplicity!

Current Employee - Current IT Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Current IT Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great location in the SF Bay Area to work, Guidewire listens to its employees and makes changes as needed based on our collective feedback.

Executive Management has an open door/open inbox policy that makes a difference and the work ethic and drive to succeed makes this a truly special place to work.

All employees from Facilities to the Executive Team have always been open and approachable and willing to listen and give serious consideration to what is being said to them, which is almost unheard of.

In these times of MEGA Monolithic Corporations who's sole purpose is to generate revenue and profit, Guidewire stands alone as a shining beacon of Balance.. The little Company that could, is well on its way to being Best-In-Class and turning the P&C Induistry upside down!!

Cons

If I can find one, I will let you know!!!

Keep on doing what you're doing because it WORKS!

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire