There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Best place I've worked so far...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Smart, nice people * Work/life balance * Use of common sense... most of the time ;) * I feel productive but not abused * Agile environment Guidewire's a great place to work. It isn't a high flying startup with astronomical growth and a frenetic work pace nor is it a 9 to 5 clock punching paycheck with no challenge. If you're looking for a place to make meaningful contribution at a measured pace, a place where you come in to work and feel like you've been productive but still have a life, Guidewire is a great place to work.

Cons

* Insurance ain't the sexiest domain * Company feels a bit stingy at times

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. Best place to learn what a

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the few companies that really seems to be able to live its values; does not have mantras simply for good PR. From top to bottom the employees sincerely prize each other and believe that customer success is the number one priority. The internship gave me a lot of professional development while still allowing me to contribute a substantial amount of work, so that I really was a part of the team member during my stay.

Cons

Finding local housing and transportation were easily the two biggest challenges to someone not from Foster City. Otherwise, the no complaints about how the internship itself was conducted.

2. Great place to work with smart people, making smart decisions.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- You'll work with smart motivated people, with an extremely low amount of politics. Customer success is the overall focus, and you can see that from the top down, in all of the groups. - Guidewire's plan is to hire good people and keep them, so if you want a new role in the organization, doors will typically open for you.

Cons

It's not sexy. Your friends probably won't have heard about the company, and working on insurance industry software doesn't make for a fascinating elevator conversation.

Advice to Management

Hire faster. We have too much to do for the resources we have.