There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Best place I've worked so far...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Smart, nice people * Work/life balance * Use of common sense... most of the time ;) * I feel productive but not abused * Agile environment Guidewire's a great place to work. It isn't a high flying startup with astronomical growth and a frenetic work pace nor is it a 9 to 5 clock punching paycheck with no challenge. If you're looking for a place to make meaningful contribution at a measured pace, a place where you come in to work and feel like you've been productive but still have a life, Guidewire is a great place to work.

Cons

* Insurance ain't the sexiest domain * Company feels a bit stingy at times

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work with smart people, making smart decisions.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- You'll work with smart motivated people, with an extremely low amount of politics. Customer success is the overall focus, and you can see that from the top down, in all of the groups. - Guidewire's plan is to hire good people and keep them, so if you want a new role in the organization, doors will typically open for you.

Cons

It's not sexy. Your friends probably won't have heard about the company, and working on insurance industry software doesn't make for a fascinating elevator conversation.

Advice to Management

Hire faster. We have too much to do for the resources we have.

2. Excellence rolled up in simplicity!

Current Employee - Current IT Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Current IT Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location in the SF Bay Area to work, Guidewire listens to its employees and makes changes as needed based on our collective feedback. Executive Management has an open door/open inbox policy that makes a difference and the work ethic and drive to succeed makes this a truly special place to work. All employees from Facilities to the Executive Team have always been open and approachable and willing to listen and give serious consideration to what is being said to them, which is almost unheard of. In these times of MEGA Monolithic Corporations who's sole purpose is to generate revenue and profit, Guidewire stands alone as a shining beacon of Balance.. The little Company that could, is well on its way to being Best-In-Class and turning the P&C Induistry upside down!!

Cons

If I can find one, I will let you know!!!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing because it WORKS!